Marked Metal

Marked Metal

A Story by Zak

Isaac suddenly turned his head as a brilliant light caught his eye. He looked toward the road, where there were patches of weeds all around. The sun shone off of something within those weeds. 
Rushing over, snatching it up, holding it up quick as a flash.

It was a coin that had caught Isaac in it's shine. 
But it wasn't a simple coin; it was the most intricate and wizened thing that the boy had seen in his short life. 
It was three inches in diameter and a solid Gold of spectacular quality. A quality that shone. 

One side of the coin depicted a fragile flower burning within an unquenchable flame; the engraving was pulled so sharply and intensely out of the metal that Isaac had difficulty looking at that side for a long period. 
He turned it over. 
Though still of the same shining gold, the other side made Isaac release his breath from his stomach and stare. The engraving was carved into the metal this time. It was in the likeness of a dragon. 

The dragon's details were stupendous: the wings, claws and teeth were unbelievably sharp, the dragon's face showed incredible anger, and the scales seemed to have scales within themselves, so great was their intricacy.

Indeed, after staring at it for several minutes, Isaac smiled and flipped the coin up in the air, catching it with perfect ease and slipping it into his pocket.

He stepped across the road, going home to the town of Runner.

© 2012 Zak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012

Author

Zak
Zak

About
I am a 19 year old College student just writing away and learning about life. Reading and writing just provides such knowledge about life and people. Basically, reading really makes you more intel.. more..

Writing
Ugh Ugh

A Story by Zak


Habits Habits

A Story by Zak


Article on Gas Article on Gas

A Story by Zak