The truth

The truth

A Poem by Zee Norton-Williams
"

Don't hide this from anyone. You should tell them the truth everyone! It's not a game it's real and it takes so many lives, and has almost taken mine more than once

"
Anxiety:
Anxiety it's like being stabbed in the stomach everytime you breathe a breath is the dagger that's slowly turning ripping out even the slightest bit of courage you had left. 
sometimes it goes away, it's like you feel free you can go out without any worries but suddenly in a crowd of people you remember something, or get a slight feeling that somethings wrong and anxiety hits again and you feel like falling to your knees and crying; scream why me, how do I stop it? you think to yourself. It's like just leaving the house you see everything bad that could ever happen to you or another person and you just can't handle it, you want to slam that door in your face go to the bathroom and throw up, it's that bad that just the thought not even the action can make you physically sick and not only that it can make you really ill. It's like you don't even have control of your own life.

Depression:
Depression it's like a brick constantly hitting you, you want to rap yourself up in your bed and cry, and the way people/family react to this makes you so much worse.. They say just wake up in the morning like a normal person and you'll be fine. Just keep your head up, you'll get over it. But you don't it's really not as easy as waking up at 8am and going to sleep at 9pm it stops you from being able to get out of bed. for some people it's so bad that they confine themselves to their beds or their house because the will to just end it right there is so overwhelming that in a moment they could just forget all the reasons they stayed alive.. Take that knife and slit their wrist just a little they swear but they can't stop.. Walk out on the street cross a road and in the centre they see a car and they just don't think, they don't move they want it to end.

Anxiety and Depression:
Anxiety and depression. I've explained what it's like to have just the one but in a few cases you can have both and having both is just a disaster. It's like you never have control your waiting for a way to control it but it controls you, you're fighting for your control but you can never win you feel like an endless battle is in your head. Right and wrong are confused because you feel like lying in bed all day doing nothing and not eating is right and going out of the house and being like everyone else is wrong. It's impossible to control no matter how much people tell you to get a grip, you're just having a bad day, you should eat something that's why you feel sick but having depression alone make you not want to eat or eat to much and having anxiety means anything you eat you just burn off from the stress. Having both make you feel like you can't eat not because you don't want to gain weight or because your just scared of what people think but because the thought of eating scares you because the more food or water you put into your body means you stay alive and if you stay alive and have more energy it means you just keep suffering. Doctors say medication and therapy help but they can just make it worse or not even help at all. 

You can't just wish anxiety and depression away together or separated it's with you for life it's not being over dramatic it's not being able to be in control.

© 2017 Zee Norton-Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a bad combination,like being shot twice

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017
Tags: depression, anxiety, anxiety and depression, truth, mental health, health, teen, adult, life

Author

Zee Norton-Williams
Zee Norton-Williams

Birmingham, United Kingdom



About
I'm 24 years old, My name is Zee and these poems explain me in a way I can't to people I know in my life They're something I believe should be shared and could maybe one day if I'm very lucky help som.. more..

Writing