Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by Keevan

We walked back in total silence. I kept my head down and my eyes focues on the rough dirt road. I occasionally felt Edward's eyes on me.

     When we reached the house, I felt him gently grab my wrist.

     "What?" I asked coldly.

     "You don't like my AutoMail because of your dad," he said.

     "He's no father of mine," I said back to him. "He molested my sister. I'm sure he was going to do the same to me." Edward paused.

     "Are you going to tell Mustang?" he asked, changing the subject. "That your memories are back?" I thought of everything that I gained, and the things that I had lost from it. I shook my head.

     "He can't know," I whispered. "What I've..."

     "What you've what?" he asked. I clamped my mouth shut. I couldn't tell him. I pulled my arm away from him and entered the house.

     "There she is!" Pinako shouted when I entered. "Where did she run off to? Where's Ed?"

     "I'm right here," he said as he walked in and closed the door behind himself.

     "Brother, you're back," Alphonse said as he entered the room. "Where did you find Lucy?"

     "Edward, where did she go?" Winry asked. I clenched my fists, hating that they were talking about me like I wasn't even there. I stalked past all of them and headed up the stairs to the room I was staying in. If Edward was going to tell them about that man, then he should go right on ahead if he wanted to. I wasn't going to be around for it.

     I sat on the bed and began to plan.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

It was midnight. My plan was to jump out the window, even though I was two stories above the ground, and go to the train station, thus riding the midnight train back to Central.

     But I wasn't going to go back to Central Command. I was going to look for Lust and demand answers.

     It was suddenly very clear to me that I didn't belong with the people here. I didn't belong with humans.

     Then something else occured to me. Edward said that the guy with the eyepatch was Fuhrer Bradly. The military's Fuhrer. So whenever Edward and Alphonse arrived back at Central, that would be when I would find the Fuhrer and ask him questions.

     I shook my head and coughed again. Time to make my escape.

     I opened the window and sat on the legde, sliding my legs out of it and throwing my bag on the ground. In one swift movement I jumped down from the window sill and landed on my feet on the ground.

    I was surprised that I didn't stagger on the impact of me feet hitting the ground.

     I guess anything is possible.

     I whispered my goodbyes to Edward and Alphonse before I took off.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

I practically ran to the station, hoping to get far away from that house. I got my ticket, without being questioned by the ticket saleswoman, and boarded the train.

     I sat in the back and pulled my hood over my head, tucking it back. As far as anyone will know, I'm a boy traveling at midnight on a train.

     Yeah, if I tuck my hair in my hood, I look like a boy. Whatever.

     I ended up falling asleep on the train.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Short one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Next one!

Posted 13 Years Ago


XD I agree with Koda-chan! Romance, pleeeeease!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yay!! More!! :D hey hey are we ever gonna see any romance?? At all? With anyone??

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short is right! I am very displeased with the length!! >:O But I'm also worried for Lucy. What's she gonna do? Where's she gonna go? Where's she gonna stay? Stay tuned for another episode of "Heart of Steel!"

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan