Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Keevan

The bed was cold and hard. The walls were damp concrete. It was dark. It was small. The perfect place for a Homunculus to live.

     "You'll get used to it, I promise you," Lust said as she turned to leave. "Or not. You're the only one of us besides Wrath who can sleep and such." She left the room, closing the heavy wooden door behind herself. I laid down on the uncomfortable bed and let my mind wander.

     Did I really make the right descision? It felt like I rushed things without giving anything much thought. Should I have talked about what happened? Should I have said something about my memories coming back? Would anything have changed at all?

     The Homunculi here were so different from me. I don't think they were ever changed in a lab. They must be true Homunculi. Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Greed, Envy...

     My mind lingered on Envy's name. There was something about him that turned my spine to ice.

     That's when I suddenly remembered a dream I had a few nights back. It was the night before I met Edward and Alphonse in the Colonel's office. In the dream, Edward and Alphonse were warning me about something, and there was that boy there. Envy. I shuddered, thinking that I made a bad descision trying to seek out answers.

     "Some things are better left where they lie," I whispered, closing my eyes. "Memories included."

     I wondered what Edward and Alphonse were doing right at that moment.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The opening of the heavy door to my "room" was what made me wake up from an uncomfortable sleep. My neck kind of hurt when I stood up and faced my visitors.

     One was Father. The other was dressed in military apparel and wearing an eyepatch.

     Fuhrer Bradly.

     "It's nice to finally see you've awoken as your true nature, Lucy," Fuhrer Bradly said. "Or do you prefer Pain, now?"

     "Lucy," I said. "Pain isn't my name."

     "She'll warm up to it, in time," Father said to the Fuhrer. Then something nagged at the back of my mind....

     "Are you Wrath?" I asked Fuhrer Bradly. He nodded.

     "I was created just like you," he said. "Except, my ultimate ability isn't alchemy, which Homunculi can't do. I have my Ultimate Eye." He removed his eyepatch and I saw the Oreborus Tattoo in the center of a blind and white eye. He put the eyepatch back.

     "Wait," I said. "If Homunculi can't do alchemy, then why can I?"

     "You are a special case, my girl," Father spoke up. "Unlike the other's--besides Wrath--you were created in a lab. I'm not completely sure what happened, but you turned out...differently, than the others. Something in your genetics, maybe. Like your hair stayed the same. You age. Who knows? You might even be able to reproduce..."

     "Why bring THAT up!?" I shouted, taking a step back.

     "Homunculi can't reproduce," Fuhrer Bradly said shrugging. "I had to adopt my son."

     I blinked and remembered the page about Homunculi in my pocket. I pulled it out and read it again.

     "What is that?" Father asked.

     "In Central Command, before I left for Resembool, I tried to do a little research of my own on Homunculi. This was all I could dig up in the time I had, and half of the page is missing."

     Father took the page and crumpled it up, throwing it across the room.

     "We can provide you answers," he said. "books can not. Come, follow me. I shall give you the answers that you seek." Father and Wrath exited the room. I followed them down a few narrow passages until we reached big shiny doors that seemed to shine in the darkness. Father opened the doors, and we entered into a big, bright, beautiful ballroom.

     There was a type of throne at the back, where we walked to, and as soon as Father sat down, Wrath taking his place beside him, he said, "Ask your questions, Lucy. Father is listening."

______________________________________________________________________________

 

My head was swimming with this new information. Here's a quick list of what I learned from Father:

     1) Homunculi are hard to kill.

     2) Homunculi only die WHEN they're killed.

     3) That doesn't count for me because I was "made" in a lab. Half of me is still human.

     4) He won't tell me why he wiped my mind and sent me away.

     5) He won't tell me why he abducted me and took me to the lab.

     6) I'm a "prize" to him because I can do alchemy and my Oreborus Tattoo is hidden by my skin. So I can mix with everyone else out there.

     7) If I get shot or hurt, it will heal fast, but it depends on the wound. Because I am half human, the healing time is cut in half.

     8) I could never tell anyone about anything I learned. Especially the military.

     9) My spine is slightly more flexible than the average human (who would've guessed that!?).

     I went over these again and again in my head.

     "Does that answer most of your questions?" Father asked. I looked up at him and asked one more thing: "What's the point? Is there a goal or something that we have?"

     "To become human, of course," Envy said, strolling into the ballroom and standing by my side. I cringed away from him, remembering my dream.

     I quickly shook it out of my head and said, "What do you mean?"

     "We're looking for someone to make us a Philosepher's Stone," Father said. "To make Envy, Lust, and Gluttony human. Wrath, and you, Lucy, are human enough. We must use the power that it holds to turn the others human. To remind them what being human is like."

     The Philosepher's Stone, my mind whispered. The stone that Chiro had around his neck that night at the abandoned lab base. It's a powerful stone that can defy the laws of alchemy and amplify it. With alchemy, you can't bring people back to life, a.k.a. Human Transmutation. Edward lost his leg as a sacrifice for Human Transmutation. He lost his arm by binding Alphonse's soul to that suit of armor.

     I blinked. When did I know the specifics of that?

     "And guess what we're going to do?" Envy said. "We're going to get it using alchemy. How many lives do you think you've claimed in your lifetime?" I blinked again, figuring it was hundreds of lives that I've taken.

     "Let me tell you one more thing that is interesting about you," Father said. "Every human soul you kill is absorbed into your being. You are our key to the Philosepher's Stone."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Oh, dear Lucy. What's going to happen to you now...?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh no... she's gonna die.

Posted 13 Years Ago


O_o *falls over*

Posted 13 Years Ago


WHAT?! THEY'RE GONNA USE LUCY TO MAKE A PHILOSOPHER'S STONE?!?!? Well Ed can't object but...XD lol no jk EDWARD DO SOMETHING!!! OR AL!! OR WHOEVER LUCY ENDS UP WITH DO SOMETHING~!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

541 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan