Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Keevan

"That's your third cigarette, I think you're done for the day," Edward said as he waved the smoke away with his hand. He took off his red coat and hung it over his shouler.

     "I'll stop after this one finishes," I mumbled, looking all over the alley. Alphonse sighed and said, "I think we should split up. Everyone got their radios?" I pulled mine from my pocket, as did Ed, and we walked to a place where there were three ways to go. They each seemed never ending.

     I took the alley to the left, it being the darkest one. Edward kept going straight, and Alphonse, I assumed, took the one on the right.

     Let the hunt begin.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

It seemed to get darker as time went on. It wasn't long before I saw stars in the dark sky.

     I pushed the button on my radio and said, "Found anything yet?"

     "Nope," was Alphonse's reply.

     "Nothing," Edward replied.

     "Keep looking." I put my radio back in my pocket and scanned the alley.

     And that's when I heard fast foostep behind me. I turned around and saw a little girl with a stuffed bunny in her arms running towards me, fear on her face. She tripped and screamed, covering her head with the bunny.

     "Ah, kid!" I called. "What's the matter? Are you lost?" I heard more footsteps and took out my gun, staring into the darkness. A tall dark figure with a shiny head and long beard came walking out. He kneeled by the little girl and said, "Hush, now, darling. It'll all be over soon." He roughly grabbed the bunny and threw it to the side, and then he clamped his hand on the back of the little girls head. She screamed, and then I saw blood shoot from her ears. There was blood pooling around her head.

     She wasn't moving. I just witnessed a little girl get killed by the man I was supposed to kill.

     I took out my radio, quickly pressed the button and whispered, "Found him! Get over here."

     "You're next, lass," he said menacingly. He stood up and glared at me, walking towards me. His palms were outstreched towards me, and I stepped back, seeing the odd Transmutation Circles on them. I shot my gun, but the bullets merely just bounced off of his hands.

     "Damn it," I mumbled. How was it even possible? I turned and ran down the alley, hoping that I'd bump into Edward and Alphonse. Preferably Alphonse, because he could fight with fists on him. Maybe.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The sound of that little girl's scream echoed around in my mind. I turned corner after corner, knocked over trashcan after trashcan, and still that maniac was on my trail. He was relentless.

     My legs started shaking badly, making it hard to run away. I cussed when I tripped and couldn't get up. And it was right in between two ways I could've ran away to.

     "You're mine now, lass," the killer said as he approached me, his arms still out in front of him. "Today be the day you die by the Pressure Alchemist."

     "Did you name yourself?" I asked, suddenly remembering that he didn't have connections to the military.

     "Aye, that I did," he said. "Now let me kill ye, lass."

     "You're not killing anyone!" I screamed. I got up, even though I tripped again, and ran to my right. I made a left after running a few feet and saw light. The end of the alley entering onto a street.

     But I tripped over something. A wagon handle. In my mind, there were F bombs being thrown left and right, and then me wondering, WTF IS A WAGON DOING BACK HERE!?

     ""You're quite a klutz, lass," the killer said, chuckling to himself. I quickly pulled out my gun again and aimed it at the killer, shooting it. But.....it wasn't loaded, and I was out of bullets.

     "Damn, damn, damn!" I shouted. My knees locked, and I couldn't move my legs.

     I was rooted to the spot, unable to get away.

     Well, I guess this is it. I'm dead.

     "Get away from her!" Edward screamed. I looked up and saw Edward jump down from the top of the wall of the alley. He didn't have his coat on his shouler anymore. I didn't know where it went.

     Alphonse snuck up behind the killer andwrapped his hands around his neck.

     "I got him, Brother!" he cried. "Finish him, quickly!" But Edward wasn't quick enough. The Pressure Alchemist wrapped his hands around Alphonse's and destroyed his hands.

     As in, he used his alchemy to apply pressure to Alphonse's wrists, and it was so powerful that both of Al's arms fell apart with a small explosion.

     "H-Hey!" Alphonse shrieked. The man smirked and turned around, quickly placing his palms on Alphonse's breastplate. The metal was crushed into tiny pieces,

     "Al!" Ed screeched, running to help his brother. The man did the same thing to Alphonse's legs, and Alphonse clattered on the ground. Edward ripped off his glove off and used alchemy to transmute his AutoMail into a spike/dagger.

     "I'll kill you!" he screamed. "Don't touch my brother!" He lunged at the killer, but he sidestepped it easily and punched Edward in the back of the head.

     Hard.

     He fell facefirst onto the ground and shakily got up.

     "Is that the best you got?" he asked weakly. He tried to punch the killer, but the killer grabbed Edward's fist and did what he did to Alphonse. He applied to alchemic pressure, and Edward's arm seemed to spontatiously combust. 

     "Brother!" Alphonse screamed.

     "Ed...?" I was the only one not able to believe it, besides Edward himself.

     "What...?" Edward whispered. The killer chuckled and punched Edward in the head again saying, "Stupid lad." Edward fell hard to the ground and just laid there, not getting up.

     It started raining.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
Cliffhanger. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:O

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG!!! ED!!! GET UP GET UP GET UP!!!!!!!!!!! -pokes with stick- Ohmigod....HES NOT MOVING!!!!! DX

Posted 13 Years Ago


HOLY CRAP! HOLY CRAP! HOLY EFFING CRAP! AAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan