Chapter 32

Chapter 32

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Poor Lucy. :( Let's see if things turn around for her.

"

It was still dark, and still raining. I gave up crying. It didn't make me feel better, and there was no point to it. Crying my eyes out wouldn't solve anything.

     I took a deep breath, tried to forget about my throbbing hand, which I stupidly broke, and thought about what I could have done differently to make that whole thing turn out better.

     Alchemy. If I would have used my alchemy to do something, then maybe things would have been a lot different. Maybe Edward wouldn't have gotten knocked out. Maybe Alphonse would be whole. Maybe I wouldn't have been stupid to punch a colonel in the stomach.

     "I'm an idiot," I told myself with my head down. "A dumb idiot who's not even human." I smacked myself in the knee and mumbled, "Stupid weak legs. Because of you, I kept falling.

      "And you know what else?" I said to myself. "I'm going insane now, because I'm talking outloud to no one, sitting alone in the rain in the middle of the night. Way to go, Lucy." I sighed again and laid on my side on the sidewalk.

     "What a fine, fine mess you caused," someone said. I recognized the voice.

     "Shut up, Envy," I said, not moving.

     "I saw the whole thing, from the street fight, to you running away," he said, a laugh hidden in his voice. "If that's the way you always kill, by slamming someone's head against a brick wall, I'd hate to have to be killed by you!"

     "Shut. Up," I said louder, getting annoyed. "I don't know why I did that. Bullets didn't work, and I was out of options."

     "And you wanted that delicious blood all over your hands." I sat up and glared at Envy, who was leaning against the wall.

     "Great job getting that guy's life, pet," he said, smirking. "but let me ask you this: do you realize that Father's just using you for his stone?"

     "I pretty much had a good guess about that," I lied, just realizing it then.

     "Don't even think about trying to seek us out for a while," Envy said, walking away. "Since the military's pretty much after you, we wouldn't want you leading them to us. Capiche?" And he disappeared around a corner.

     I shivered, wishing that I had my sweatshirt.

     I also wished that I had never walked away from that station when Edward, Alphonse and I had come back from Genheim. Maybe then things would've turned out different.

     Maybe.

     I put my head down, put my hands on the back of my neck, ignoring the pain in my broken one, and wished with all of my heart that I had never got my memories back. I didn't want to be a Homunculus. I didn't want to be an assassin. I just wanted to be....

     Lucille. The Lucille who lived with her sister when she was six years old. So what about the Bad Man? I would just run away. Run away and live with Alphone and Edward and Trisha. Have a real home.

     That's probably what Serah would want.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Hours went by, and soon I saw the sun come up from the horizon out of the corner of my eye. I had not lifted my head.

     Until I felt a heavy jacket wrap around me. I lifted my head and found Lieutenant Hawkeye kneeling next to me. She put her jacket on me.

     "Good, you're alright," she said, sounding relieved. "I was...worried, Lucy."

     "Is Edward...?" was the first thing I asked. She nodded. "He's fine."

     "The Colonel...?"

     "He's calmed down," she said. "You're not in trouble. Just come back to Central Command with me, and we'll get you some medical help."

     I put my head down. I didn't want to go back.

     "It's okay, Lucy," she said softly. "Girls can be emotional at this age, even for you. He's not mad, the colonel just wants to talk to you." I nodded and we stood up. I clutched my wrist with the broken hand and grimaced a little, now realizing how much it hurt because I was moving more.

     "Lieutenant," I said quietly. "My hand..."

     "We'll get that fixed, too, don't worry," she said. "Next time, take it out on a pillow and not a brick wall."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
It's a little short lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL, i loved the ending :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Next time, take it out on a pillow and not a brick wall."

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL Riza's words of wisdom.

I sure hope things work out for Lucy.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, alchemy, fullmetal, alchemist, edward elric, alphonse elric, AWESOMNESS, Lucy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan