Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Keevan
"

After you get below the line, play the song at the bottom.

"

"Who's waiting for me in the shop?" I asked Gracia as I fidgeted my gloved hands kind of nervously.

     "Just go take care of the customer," she said, a smile plastered on her face. "After you do, I'll run the shop for the rest of today. I'll even take care of Dieter for you."

     "I....uh, okay," I said, bracing myself as I opened the door to the stairs. I slowly went down them and stopped at the bottom stair, looking around the shop. There was one person, near the back, looking at roses. He was wearing a hat and a familiar brown coat.

     I slowly approached him, and when I got within a talking distance, I said, "Excuse me, sir, can I help you?"

     "Yes," he said, still looking at roses with his back to me. His voice was familiar. I saw him pick a giant and beautiful red rose from one of the vases, and he spun around to face me, his hat flying off. He held out the rose to me.

      "You can accept my apology," Edward said with a laugh.

     "E-Edward," I stammered, taking the rose with a shaky hand. He smirked.

     "Why are you apologizing?" I asked him. "You have nothing to apologize for."

     "I made you cry earlier today, didn't I?" he said. "Well, I don't know what I did, but I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

     I smiled a little and put the rose back in the vase Edward got it from. "That was sweet, Edward, but it wasn't your fault." It was the Gate's fault for torturing me with you--the FAKE Edward..... "There's just a lot bouncing around in my mind right now. Just...stress and stuff. Believe me, I'm okay now."

     "Well, even though I don't believe you," he started. "I want to make it up to you. So, please spend the day with me. That is, if you'll allow it." He smirked again. "Alfons wants me out of the house, anyway."

     I laughed a little, and said, "Now I know why Gracia said she'd take care of the shop all day AND take care of Dieter."

     "I had to clear it up with her first," Edward said, blushing a bit. "She had to know where her girl was going to be all day, right?"

     "I'm not her girl," I said, instantly annoyed. He just laughed and said, "Well, where do you want to go first?" I shrugged and said, "Hold on, let me go inside and get my coat."

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

"Why are you wearing gloves?" Edward asked after a few minutes of mindlessly walking through the town. I looked at my gloved hands and thought to myself, Because they're all I have left of...him.

     "I always wear gloves, I guess," I lied, trying to keep my face emotionless. "I have this...uh, skin condition on my hand."

     "Really?" he said, his eyes getting a little wider. "Let me see." I shrugged and hesitantly took off my right glove. I showed him the palm of my hand. He held onto my wrist and looked closer at the wound, the skin still trying to grow back over the thin pink scab.

     "It's still like this," he muttered. At least that's what it sounded like, anyway. I stiffened and took my hand back, putting my glove back on.

     "It's nothing," I said quietly. "Don't worry about it." Edward seemed hesitant to drop the subject, but he did.

     We passed a cart selling ice cream, this new thing we got from Italy. It was cold, and had a strange flavor. Some people liked it, others didn't. Edward stopped and bought two cones.

     "Thanks," I said as he handed me a cone. It was vanilla. And I couldn't help but think that the Edward I knew in Amestris would never do anything like this fake Edward. Buying me ice cream, for example.

     We found a place to sit, and when I sat, I just stared at the ice cream, not noticing my eyes getting wet, and a single tear rolling down my cheek.

     "Hey, Lucille," Edward said. "you're crying again. And your ice cream is melting. Is something wrong." I clenched my jaw and said, "I'm sorry." I squeezed my eyes shut and dropped the cone on the ground. "I'm sorry!"

     "Lucille," he said. "do you want me to take you home?" I quickly shook my head no and looked at him.

     "Tell me this isn't real!" I practically screamed. "I don't want this! Tell me it's not real! I want him back! I want Edward back!"

     "Lucille, what are you talking about?" he asked calmly, putting his hands on my shoulders. "I am Edward. Remember? Alfons's roommate?"

     "No! You're not my Edward!" I pushed him away and ran. I didn't even bother to look where I was going.



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
I.....don't know why I put ice cream in the story...don't ask. lol And I HATE ice cream!!!
Play this when you get below the line.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww, the poor thing! I wanna cry...the theme fits so perfectly.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

547 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Fullmetal Alchemist, Lucy, AWESOMNESS, alphonse elric, edward elric, alchemist, fullmetal, alchemy


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan