Even Best Friends Come and Go

Even Best Friends Come and Go

A Story by Zman135
"

The last conversation I had with the person who I spent the most time talking to in my life.

"
5/29/2010
10:27 PM
Cole:
hey
……………………………………………………………………
10:28 PM
Grace:
hi
……………………………………………………………………
10:29 PM
Cole:
what's up?
……………………………………………………………………
10:31 PM
Grace:
just got bck home
……………………………………………………………………
10:32 PM
Cole:
oh, thats cool
Are you still mad at us?
……………………………………………………………………
10:34 PM
Grace:
im a little pissed did u have fun and meet matt's gf?
……………………………………………………………………
10:35 PM
Cole:
Umm, yeah to the first and no to the second. Who's his gf?
……………………………………………………………………
10:36 PM
Grace:
idk
……………………………………………………………………
10:36 PM
Cole:
then why'd you say that?
……………………………………………………………………
10:38 PM
Grace:
he said he had one but i guess its so i wont ask him out after we broke up... he is so stupid as if i want him
……………………………………………………………………
10:38 PM
Cole:
oh
Why are you pissed then?
……………………………………………………………………
10:39 PM
Grace:
Lovers have a right to betray you... friends don't.
thts why
……………………………………………………………………
10:40 PM
Cole:
uhh... ok
……………………………………………………………………
10:41 PM
Cole:
Well, you're the one who brought him into our circle of friends and wanted us to accept him, and then once you two broke up everyone else's friendship remained.
So regardless of what I did from that point, according to you I'd be "betraying" a friend.
……………………………………………………………………
10:42 PM
Cole:
And I don't want to betray anyone. I think everyone should just accept their diffrences and move on
……………………………………………………………………
10:47 PM
Grace:
I'm glad matt's always been there for u so then i guess u don't need me i thought we we're best friends but apparetly in the 5 years we've been best friends and the year u've been friends him means more
……………………………………………………………………
10:48 PM
Cole:
Victoria...
I've tryed my best to be kind to you and not start using nasty words at you but after nagging me, ignoring me, harassing me, and threatening me; you've pushed me over the edge!
……………………………………………………………………
10:51 PM
Cole:
How do you think I felt CHristmas before last, when you told me that you were dating Matt to make me jealous, held my hand, and then lo and behold a whole year later you're still dating him? What about, "friends don't have rights to betray each other, huh? I'm pretty sure you feel like that right about now
……………………………………………………………………
10:53 PM
Cole:
What about at prom, when I thought you had finally changed and were going to actually take your relationships seriously when we decided to go to prom as bf/gf and then because I wouldn't dance (aka, have sex with clothes on) with you, you went off and found some god forsaken kid you didn't even know and started going out with him. HOW DO YOU THINK THAT FUCKJING FELT!!!! I FELT LIKE PURE S**T!!!!!
……………………………………………………………………
10:55 PM
Cole:
At this point if you ever thought we were going to get together at some point, then you are dead wrong. You talk about how much "you guess I don't need you anymore" when you've been betraying me the whole damn time, and these words I will NEVER TAKE BACK!!!
……………………………………………………………………
11:29 PM
Cole:
Victoria, you've got to understand something. I've been best friends with you for the past 5 years, right
……………………………………………………………………
11:35 PM
Cole:
Whenever you're ready to talk, just tell me because as I said I'm still your friend and the only way we'll stop being friends is if your the one who pushes me away.
……………………………………………………………………
11:41 PM
Cole:
but you have to respect who I choose to develop relationships with. If not, then there will be some serrious issues, kinda like what I just typed at you. I'm sorry for hurting you're feelings but I'm not sorry for what I said. But I'm going to bed because I'm getting really sleepy. So I guess I will (or won't) talk to you tomorrow.



     The next day at school, Victoria, Mick and John (two of my other best friends) would’t even look in my direction. Please take caution. This was my best friend and almost lover for three years of my life. This happened at the end of my Sophomore year and we haven’t spoke to each other since. Loosing one friend made me loose three of my six main friends, and also cut the three that stood up with me off from the others.

    I hope you don’t take your friendships for granted; even best friends walk out on you sometimes. It may be your fault, it may be theirs; it may even be no one’s. But you have to learn to roll with the punches and keep pushing on. Try to repair it if you can, but sometimes (as in my case) things are unrepairable because I tried with all my might to fix it this past summer. I hope this has impacted you in someway and will make you think a little more about the value of the people you spend your life with; one day you may wake up to find them out of your grasp, never to come back.

© 2010 Zman135


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a great write and I'm sorry that you lost ur best friend..thanks for sharing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! I never thought that you're this emotional =) I like that.

What can I say? Uhm, tell Victoria you're sorry and then walk away. And after a day or less she'll talk to you again =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


that's really good

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was good, im glad you filtered your emotions into a writing, i've also experienced what it is like to lose multiple friends over an argument with other friends, i've also experience what its like to be at rock bottom, but then you make friends you know are there for you, im probably rambling haha, but anyways, i liked this, good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol, the reason I typed back so many times was because almost an hour passed between each one without a response. And her name is Autumn Grace Victoria (insert a last name of your choice) :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is awesome, I definitely have had experience with this sort of thing, especially being cut off from your other friends because people choose sides. It just happens. I liked it a lot, I just didn't understand why Cole sends messages like 7 in a row without a response from Grace/Victoria or i'm not sure what her name is supposed to be. This is great though once gain :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010
Tags: Sad, Life, Truth, Hope, Relationships, Friendships, Love

Author

Zman135
Zman135

Prestonsburg, KY



About
Hey, I'm Cole. I'm 17 and I attend Prestonsburg High School where I'm a senior. I've learned fairly recently that even best friends come and go so treat them like they'll be gone tomorrow. I'm a Chri.. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Ch. 1

A Chapter by Zman135


Ch. 2 Ch. 2

A Chapter by Zman135