"Mean Girl"

"Mean Girl"

A Poem by Zoe Anne

"Mean Girl"
I’m this. I’m that. No one really cares. No - not until I do something very grave, That leaks innocent blood, And I’m bathing in it like a cannibalistic swine. Everyone hunts me down, With rusted pitchforks, And blazing torches. They wouldn’t even give me enough time, To dry off, To roll up my loving fat, And to dress in my gullible pink clothes. I have to redeem myself to their court with what I have. Right then and there. I have to squeal out for their mercy and give in. In their fiery eyes, I’m a mean girl, That needs to be punished accordingly - And punctually - When there are plenty of other evils slipping away, Like the snake that tempted Eve, And destroying the world bit by bit. I could leave all that behind, Starting anew, And start running. But I can’t.
I've been slaughtered,
And hung up in front of their filthy markets,
So that all could gaze upon me with disgustingly watery mouths.
All I can do is wince and stare blankly into my forgotten future,
And roast within my pathetic past,
And then be seasoned with my confusing present.

Written by Zoe Anne

© 2013 Zoe Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I love the ending, the description of her thoughts are very detailed.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013

Author

Zoe Anne
Zoe Anne

MA



About
I like to write a lot of horror, poetry, and lyrics. My inspirations are Edgar Allan Poe, Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft, and Stephen King. I hope that someday my name will be next to theirs... more..

Writing