En Calle 67

En Calle 67

A Story by Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow
"

a love story, first little part i'm putting up, please tell me what you think. :D i am putting it for everyone now butlater there will be a few more mature details but for now it's ok for everyone, keep that in mind.

"
En Calle 67
By Zoe Major-McDowall        

        He was on the beautiful beach of the island called Isle Mujeres when her curious hair had attracted his attention. Her hair was three different colors of red, brown, and black. It was wavy and went down to the middle of her back. What caught his eye was her fashion sense. The girl was in plain capris and a flannel blue shirt on a beach and wouldn�t go in the water. Shane watched her gaze at the little peaks of waves. He noticed her pale white skin glimmer in the setting sun and her hair that even against the wind wouldn�t blow into a swirl of tangles. Shane had an urge, as if she was a magnet, to talk to her. He knew nothing of her but her style and hair attracted him to her until he remembered why he was on the island, to escape love. His ex-wife Candy had left him three months ago and he had tried to stay at her and concentrate until his boss told him to take some time off.
        Candy and he had been married ten years. Shane first met her when he was 25 and three years later she married him. One thing he knew about Candy was that she loved beauty, at the time Shane had been fit with a six pack and everything. Like most people who�ve had great bodies most of their life his age had suddenly caught up with him. Seven years into his marriage he had gained 10 pounds which overall wasn�t bad. His six pack was gone at the time but he had been by no means fat. Candy told him to go to the gym but Shane didn�t listen. By the beginning of their tenth year together Shane had gained another twenty pounds and Candy, who loved beauty, decided to have an affair with a young toned man and left Shane. At first Shane didn�t know what to think; perhaps Candy leaving him hadn�t sunk in. Later when the issue of hiring a lawyer came into the picture Shane had a melt down. He realized finally that Candy would be gone and gone forever. He had also come to the conclusion that she never really loved him if she had divorced him over 30 pounds.
        Shane would forget her. He would take the vacation his boss had suggested. Breezy Tequila and sleazy Senoritas, just what every man needs when times are tough. When he had first arrived to Isle Mujeres he had done exactly just that. It was easy to fall half-unconscious, except for a dull throbbing lower down, into the arms of a w***e. But at the end of the day, he would feel like a piece of s**t. No, those didn't even qualify as short term solutions to him.
        Shane shook his memories of Candy out and looked back on the girl. He realized as he moved closer to her that she was young. She couldn�t have been older than 20 and she was beautiful. Shane couldn�t imagine what a beautiful young woman would want with a 38 year old man. From the slightest distance he continued to watch her. All she did was gaze into each unique wave that came on shore. She looked as if she could have dived into the wave and swam gracefully to eternity. Shane was transfixed on the young woman and like a bird about to jump its prey he suddenly began to talk to her.
        �Hola,� he said, trying to smile as charmingly as he possible could. The young woman didn�t look up but rather glance from the side to look at a stranger hitting on her. She pulled a piece of her hair behind her ear and continued to study the ocean water. She could see from the corner of her eye that the stranger was uncertain if she had heard him and he opened his mouth to talk again. �Um, hola?� This time the young woman looked up. Her gaze startled Shane for her eyes were a deep auburn, filled with a intense questioning look. Her luminous eyes bade him to speak. Shane couldn�t find words; in fact, he cursed himself from ever speaking.
        �C-como estas?� What�s your name? He said finally not knowing what else to say. He flushed because it sounded so childish. In fact, Shane had finally realized all of his feelings towards her were making him act like a teenage boy.
        �It is mine to give,� The young woman said glancing back down at a wave. �Why should I give it to you?� Shane grinned and thought that she was a strong woman.
        �Then perhaps may I receive your gift Ms. Kindly?� Shane said forgetting all of his insecurities, past, and doubts. The young woman grinned impishly and glided as gracefully as a gazelle towards Shane. She stood right in front of him and she had been so close he could have kissed her. Her auburn eyes had turned into a marvelous deep sea green as she saw right through him. Shane closed his eyes and inhaled as if he would doing yoga.
        �Eva.� The young woman whispered into his ear and left him standing on the beach in the dark, for the sun had set. Even after an hour had passed Shane could still feel her breath on his upper cheek. Shane didn�t know what was happening to him. Eva was still a stranger and yet he felt like she knew everything about him by just looking in his eyes. He could have swam, struggled, and drowned in hers. It wasn�t until a short old local woman shook his arm that he escaped his trance.
        Shane sighed and knew that he would probably never see her again for it was his last day on Isle Mujeres and the next day he would go to Merida.

© 2008 Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

All I can say is that the begining was kind of hard to start reading , I mean, it's like reading the second paragraph of the story first. Don't mind me, but that's how I see it. Other than that, the rest are just about right, so no worries

Overall, the whole thing is all good there...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very captivating story. I really liked and thought you wrote it so perfectly as it was so easily to have play in my mind's eye. I thought the back story gave us as the reader a sense of cheering for the underdog mentality. Your stories are always a treat to read.



Great JOb!!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


awesome, sounds like summer love in the Isle Mujeres; love the spanish part of it. :D ---love, mishel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 3, 2008

Author

Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow
Everyday Is Just Another Tomorow

OR



About
Hi there! Welcome to my writing website. I know it is extremely plane because I have yet to actually put up any of my old works but I'm think I'll start putting up new ones. How long that takes me I'm.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..