When We Met

When We Met

A Story by Alexa Tasch
"

Two elves falling in love :)

"

     When our eyes met, I knew you were the one. I know everyone says that, but its true. We’re not like them and I know it. Our eyes met and our souls connected. Your eyes were as green as vibrant moss creeping up stone walls long forgotten from history. Later you would tell me that you thought mine were blue as the sea. My eyes are brown, but I never tell you you're wrong. 

     In that perfect moment when we met, time seemed to have stopped forever and I would have been glad if it did. I remember how your ears twitched and you blushed like a rose. You looked away and your perfect blond hair fell, making a curtain around your face. I couldn’t help but laugh. That made you pout and gave you those cute little worry lines around your eyes. I could almost hear your heart racing. 

     “Why are you laughing?” you asked.

      Your voice chimed like little crystal bells with an edge of defiance. It made me laugh even harder. I couldn’t help it. You were too perfect and too cute. Just the sight of you, a total stranger, made me so happy that I had to laugh. Your eyes grew stormy and I thought you might cry. Tentatively, I reached out and grabbed you’re hand as you wiped away a tear from your rosy freckled cheek. I leaned down and touched your forehead with mine. My long brown hair tangled in yours and you smiled helplessly.

     “Hey. My name is Fern.”

     That was the best minute of my life.

© 2012 Alexa Tasch


Author's Note

Alexa Tasch
Writen for a contest, but I actually like it!
Reeview please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not gonna lie, not a big fan. Then again, I'm massively cynical about most love-related things. The bit about her(?) eyes being as blue as the sea when they were brown I thought was going to continue into a "seems the perfect relationship but actually between the lines she's stupid in love with him and he doesn't really care" kind of thing, which would have been interesting. I can't help but wonder what the point is to this piece. It was pretty well written though so kudos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

The piece was written for a contest where two characters do something within the span of on minute. .. read more
This piece was captivating from the start. Why is the person in this a stranger? It seems like they know each other pretty well...

I am in love with your second paragraph; subtle but sensual and romantic. I also love your beautiful description of green eyes.

"I know everyone says that but its true" should instead be "I know everyone says that but it's true."

Also, instead of "I reached out and grabbed you're hand" it should be "I reached out and grabbed your hand." Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi. :P

I couldn't tell who was the girl and who was the guy but I'm guessing the blond is a girl and the brunette is a guy? I guess it doesn't really matter.

Nice writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh I remember this! it was super adorable when you had me read it and is still really cute^^ You managed to fit an entire story into this one tiny minute and that is impressive

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is adorable, I really enjoyed reading it. It's a super cute story :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


AAAAWWWWW, I KNEW YOU HAD A HEART SOMEWHERE IN THERE! lol jk :) But I loved it it was so cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Omg, this reminds me of me and someone I love. I give you 5 stars for making me cry! :')

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

oh thank you sooo much! This is the first time I've ever made someone cry!!
lynne

11 Years Ago

Lol, this is the first time someone has made me cry with their writing :3
Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

Yay for firsts!
Aw! Reminds me of when my forest nymph characters, Twiggy and Blossom met, because of the elf connection to them. This is very descriptive and had me hooked from start to finish. Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

thanks! If you send me a read request for their book ,I'd be happy to read it!
RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

haven't posted that one yet... ;)
Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

well let me know when you do, if you do!
Aw, A first meeting. The question you get asked the most from people after being in a relationship, is how did you first meet? This is simple and sweet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alexa Tasch

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I don't usually write short stories, so I'm glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012
Tags: love, meet, teen, young, elf, elves, fantasy, dream, gold, spirit, fate, destiny, hope, romance

Author

Alexa Tasch
Alexa Tasch

Providence, RI



About
My name is Alexa. I'm 19. I usually write instead of paying attention in my classes so I will post anything I think it good enough. Don't read my older stuff unless you're really committed because.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..