Civilization on the brink

Civilization on the brink

A Story by Shreya
"

What is being done and what needs to be done........

"
Humans, today, are living in enormously challenging time. Our actions affect the environment more than they ought to. We pollute, we degrade, we demolish.
Has the human race become so greedy, that it knows nothing of its profit nor of loss? 

We fail to recognize the limits of the nature, the planet. We use, we throw and it doesn't matter to us how our 'left-behinds' affect our own immediate surroundings.
What we risk is the extinction of a civilization. Yet, we won't stop. We wont stop neglecting the fact that the global crises we face are global. We are turning our back to the nature's warnings.

So, what will it take for humans to change their way? I'll tell you what- we need to start at the individual level. We need to turn from mass production to mass utilization. 
It isn't going to work with tweaking a policy here and there, its going take mobilization of the social strata. But most importantly, we need to stop by and have a look at what we're leaving behind. We need to move in a more sustained way. We need to be slower but we need to be smarter...

© 2010 Shreya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah you are very write with these words... I am happy that we have realized this at an early stage in our life and can contribute to nature through every little action of ours... It makes a lot of difference! If people worldwide realize this then wont be any need for the useless treaties that come and go...
Hope this one manages to teach the ignorant ones a lesson! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have great wisdom. We are wasting things that can't be replaced. Your words are true and if we don't do different things we will destroy all that is beautiful. A outstanding poem. You are a fine writer.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


hey, it was pretty nice but I think this shud have been a blog entry. story... no!
Anyways I just wish everybody of us thought like this...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2010
Last Updated on March 22, 2010

Author

Shreya
Shreya

Jammu, India



About
Raised Einstein from the dead to tell him of the flaws, but forgot his brain's in a jar elsewhere. Still, good photo op & puppetry practice. ALSO thinks copy & paste is the greatest invention ever th.. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Shreya


Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Shreya


My ball My ball

A Story by Shreya