Silent Night

Silent Night

A Story by MSY
"

Cain 022, a boy formally know as Cain Keshur Barren. How he cam to be recreated. To be expanded later.

"

Silent Night

 

Cain sat silently reading in his bed, occasionally moving to adjust the position of his brother’s glasses or to turn to the next page in Kurt Vonnegut’s “Slaughter House Five.” The boy yawned, moving his book slightly to the right to examine the black and grey ankle socks that covered his feet, before setting the book down all together and slipping off of the top part of his trundle bed. He padded softly out of the room and down the hall toward the kitchen for a glass lemonade. “Cain?” a horse voice whispered.

“Yes,” he answered after swallowing a mouthful of liquid.

“I-,” there was a pause and then Cain’s elder brother appeared from the darkness of the hallway, “I think there is someone outside of the house, come and check with me.” He instructed.

“Not a bit afraid are we?” the younger taunted.

“Hush your mouth,” he laughed, moving to the side of the refrigerator and revealing a bat.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Cain smiled, opening the door and stepping out into warm air, inhaling deeply before peering around the area. “I don’t se-,” he took a step back, bumping into his brother as a figure loomed closer. Gaberial turned, slipping into the house and running to get his father. Cain whimpered, he too running inside. The figure followed, others accompanying him, “Who are you?” Cain mumbled. There was silence, and then the hissed repetition of words as he continued to stumble backwards toward the knife caddy.

“Don’t you dare, young one.” He spat at him in English, before averting his attention to Frank, whom just entered at the other entrance, wielding a tin bat. The stranger pulled out a gun, aiming it toward him.

“Papa, look out,” Cain screamed, moving toward him. The child was too slow, and was force to stare silently at the now slumped over form that was his father. “No,” he yelled throwing himself into the attacker. Gabriel chewed this lip and ran back down the hall, going into the closet with his mother.

Cain sneered, punching the man as hard as possible for a twelve year old. The assailant threw him back against the counter cabinets. Cain stood wearily, grabbing a knife from the caddy and lunged at the man, scratching his arm before being struck with a bullet and falling. The man stood over him, smiling arrogantly before pushing a cloth to his mouth.

 

 

© 2008 MSY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intense...good write.
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago


intense and suspenseful write.
excellent imagery :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


There should be more, it was brilliant, set up to make you nervous enough to hope the boy's okay, kind of reminded me of Hannibal Lectur without the devouring of human flesh... I'm not even quite sure why... but Cain has always been one of my favorite characters.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2008

Author

MSY
MSY

Dundee, FL



About
�Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.� There is not much to tell for a few reasons: I haven�t been on Earth that long, and I have.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by MSY


Proluge Proluge

A Chapter by MSY


Alonzo Lintner Alonzo Lintner

A Book by MSY