Save Him

Save Him

A Story by MSY
"

Save Him by Justin Nozuka inspired this short work. A boy releaves his mother's pain, his father's rage, and his own sorrow.

"

 

He sat in his room, pillows covering both sides of his head and tears staining the dingy white sheet his crumpled body laid on. Simon chewed his lips and tried as hard as it was possible to dream of how it may have been before he was born. Simon let out a gentle sigh of relief as pixy images began to form, only to be interrupted by the elevated sound level in the living room. He got up, flinging his door open. Wide crystallized obsidian eyes were met by the scene of his father over his motionless mother. His upper lip quivered and fresh tears burn the backs of his eyes. “Wh- what….daddy?” he swallowed hard, beginning again, hoping to steady his voice, “What did you do to my mother?”

His father’s reddened face turned to face him, and then he looked back at his wife across from him, “She broke her neck?”

Simon nodded, turning on his heel and retreating to his room once again. He sat down on his twin bed, and reached underneath the mattress, unsheathing a black .78 caliber, one which he’d taken from his father’s shine dedicated to his days on “the force”.  The boy stood, taking the safety off and opening the door.

“Baba—daddy…what happened to mama?” he inquired. His father still stood where he had the first time, and repeated his first answer. Simon nodded again, “Is she still alive?” A quizzical look passed over his father’s face before he moved forward and kneeled by the woman, checking for a pulse.

“Yes,” his father responded.

Simon too had advanced forward, and now stood a few feet from both of them, gun concealed behind his back. Obsidian pools now focused on the face of the person whom birthed him, scrutinizing the look in her eyes, her face. He raised an unsteady arm, “Baba,” he mumbled, catching his dad’s attention long enough to fire, burying a bullet in his left eye. Simon then turned to his mother, “I promised to end your suffering…” he mumbled, before shutting his eyes and letting his finger find the trigger in two quick movements.

Simon sat quietly, swiping up his mother’s lap top. He opened a document, and looked at the blank flashing page for a moment while these words formed:

“Dear forensic team,

For the last fourteen years, my mother was abused my father. He beat her, he beat her cold. Today, my father, former Captain Greg Justin threw my mother, and she broke her neck, but did not die. Today, also is the day I killed my father for hurting my mother, my mother to end her suffering, and myself…because I have nothing. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t bear the look in her eyes

Simon”

With those words typed, he stood, going to the cubord and taking his father’s hypertension medicine down. He took out the china that his parents were given on their wedding day and cleaned a cup, filling it to the brim with water before taking three pills. Simon ambled to his mother and sat, cradling her and waiting for the peace his mother now felt.

 

 

© 2009 MSY


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a really heart wrenching story. I am hopeing it is not a true one. It is so well written that it seems that it might be. There is no superflous or added words here. The only criticism is that you used a too small font.

thanks, Raining



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2008
Last Updated on April 1, 2009

Author

MSY
MSY

Dundee, FL



About
�Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.� There is not much to tell for a few reasons: I haven�t been on Earth that long, and I have.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by MSY


Proluge Proluge

A Chapter by MSY


Alonzo Lintner Alonzo Lintner

A Book by MSY