[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Sara Lethcoe
"

This is just a brief profile story I wrote in about 10 minutes for one of my favorite RPG.

"

    I had thought that life couldn't get any worse after the incident with him. Man, was I ever wrong!
    I remember that night like it was yesterday. It began as an unusually cold day for mid-April. The taste of snow was hanging in the breeze... Other than the cold, everything else appeared to be normal until my date later on that evening. But lets start at the beginning…
    I had been adopted by a rather wealthy family as a child and had been raised with everything I could ever wish for right there at the tips of my fingers. My birth mother had been poor and sick when she gave birth and had passed away when I had turned 4... or at least that was what I had been led to believe...
    My adopted mother had always been one to spend time in the upper circles of life in 1915 New York City. She had gone to a rather large party and had been gushing about how beautiful I had become. All her talk had caught the attention of one man in particular... Mr. Gavin Kauffman.
    Although Mr. Kauffman looked to be only in his late twenties, if you were to look into his eyes, you would have been able to tell right away that those eyes had seen more to the world than any one person should see. In those eyes were the secrets of ages.
    My mother and Mr. Kauffman got along famously that night and the date was set up almost immediately. My mother had arrived home some hours later only to send me to bed early to speak with my father.  They both agreed that I should meet Mr. Kauffman on my 17th birthday, which was only a matter of days away.
    The morning of my birthday was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. All the maids were rushing around preparing things for the evening's party. My mother woke me up rather early so we could go pick out my gown before all the stores opened. I ended up bringing a gorgeous royal blue gown with pearl sequins covering most of the breast.  After arriving home, the maids began their prep work on me. Hours later, the party began. Of course mother made sure that I was fashionably late to ensure that I had all the attention once I descended the grand staircase. 
    Mr. Kauffman was the first one to catch my eye in the large room filled with well over a hundred guests.
    The rest of the night was a blur to me, though whether it was from the alcohol or Mr. Kauffman's presence, I'm not sure. By the end of the night, I was engaged to be wed. The days passed swiftly with the sudden rush of a wedding to take place in less than 2 weeks. I had never imagined that the night of my wedding would be the last time I saw my mother and father while in human form. Just after the wedding, I saw a figure from my most distant memories… my birth mother.
    She was standing back in the trees with a look of complete horror on her face when she saw me with my new husband. It was then that I put it all together. It was on the honeymoon that I took my last breath. It was also my honeymoon that I became a widow. My birth mother had followed us, but was too late to stop the transformation. She ended up sacrificing herself to the sun while struggling to put an end to the one that changed her as well…

© 2009 Sara Lethcoe


Author's Note

Sara Lethcoe
Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on things that could be changed or added.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on September 2, 2009

Author

Sara Lethcoe
Sara Lethcoe

The Dalles, OR



About
I'm a mother of 2 beautiful girls living in a small town. Photography and writing are by biggest passions in life next to music. more..

Writing