Breaking Bonds

Breaking Bonds

A Story by Ashleigh Goodwin

I guess all that i can say is that I hate it. I hate restraint and stereotypes and cliches that loom like chains we're never allowed to break. I hate the be home by this time's and be who we want you to be's. I'm over fixing our hair and only being "cool" if you wear a certain brand or pair of shoes. I'm done with books making us dorky and intelligence exiling us. We're all beautiful people whether we bite our nails or drive a nice car. You may be miss popular and fall in love with Mr. Wallflower and you should never have to hear that that's wrong. What does it even mean to be out of someone's league or for someone to be out of yours, we're all in a league of humanity. So they say you can't have each other? Do it anyways. Life should be about falling in love with everything around you. You should watch yourself drift for the way that sunlight warms your skin and rain drizzles down your cheeks. Trip for beautiful days when the air is perfect and crisp. Fall for how she looks when she talks passionately or the way he throws his head back when he laughs. So we all hate it then, the way things are supposed to be? Well then why can't we forget everything, what your mother or cousin or brother or bestfriend says and listen to your heart, and yourself. Throw in a dash of common sense, then go into the world and live for these things you love, not the things you're told to. 

© 2015 Ashleigh Goodwin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on January 16, 2015
Tags: stereotypes, life, teenagers, angst, stress, depression, breaking, hate, common, sense, love, nerds, cars, controversy