Quicksand of Lies

Quicksand of Lies

A Poem by Andrea A. Wentz
"

For those on WC who are filled with drama, and enjoy trying to hurt and push away other writers on the Cafe, try to push them off completely. This is for them.

"

Words you weave

Thrown together with out much care

Attempting to sting and bite

Hurt and maim

Drive them away

Away from your throne

Poor thing

You do not see

They do not want your throne

Or want your sheep

They want only to write

To be at peace

They have found their peace

But you have not found yours

So you attack

Behind your curtains

Not allowing for rebuttal

Coward you hide

No proof do you provide

Caught in your own hatred you are

In quicksand you lay

Slowly sinking

Hurling insults at those who see

No, you will sink alone

And no one will hear your plea

As the last bit of ego

Last bit of lies

Fade away

Before you die

Sinking beneath

The murky guck

The guck that is

Your filthy lies

Consumed in your false world

© 2008 Andrea A. Wentz


Author's Note

Andrea A. Wentz
Eventually lies catch up to you and people will see you for who you truly are. Better to tell the truth, and not make negative assumptions, to not do anything you may regret if it was found out, than to live alone in quicksand.....quicksand of lies. (I did not send out read requests for this piece because I did not want anyone to recieved a request to think it was about them because it's not. I only have wonderfully kind people on my friends list. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-Had a friend named Walt Culpeper, (he's gone now,) and he taught me about charitably of perception. He said that being charitable was to assume that people meant the best in what they say to you, instead of the worse, kinda like a moral benefit of the doubt. I'm not there yet, at the time I told him that that was naive, better to not expect anything out of people, (or even the worse,) and then you won't be let down by others. I'm too guarded and cynical about the Human Race and it's evil motives, but I wonder about charitability and ponder, little by little I'm getting where I'm perceiving the best interpretations out of what people tell me instead of the worse.
Just some thoughts, not really about this, which is more concerned with liars and backbiters and is very sussinct.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Its funny because I was readin this story that I wrote. Its a story which I wrote about all the people that I could think,that made a significant impact on my life. There was this one part were I mention my friend, she would tell the truth. But the twist bout her truths was she would only tell the truth about other people. Her lies seemed smalled or I guess she didn't want to see em and just make believe that they were true somehow. But eventually everything caught up to her... in that quicksand of lies as u mention.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked the flow to this. It was choppy but since this piece was about lies catching up with you. it was, to me, like a chase. Really good.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is sad in how true it is but so brilliantly written... coming from someone who is currently under fire by a couple of people i know the feeling... I have chosen to not retaliate but instead let it fade out cause negativity only bring on more... I prefer to stick to reading, writing and my good friends here. Kudos for this stand up write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

the ones doing the lying will get theirs in the end - karma will bite them in the a*s and they will see how their actions hurt others -

you wrote this and expressed yourself very well - fantastic job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Great write, Andrea.

Good will always triumph in the end :-)


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully expressed - it is unfortunate when one is so consumed with themselves that they only spew hatred and lies. It is a morose and meaningless existence. Thank you - wonderfully done.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

oh this is so nice its like a song very well built ,i have not read nice poems for a while like this ,i really enjoyed it a lot and yes lies will not take you far ,you will be trapped soon

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

**applauds** Well Expressed. Ahh the things that happen around here. Makes for a perfect theater play the things that happen here so often.


Great Write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

You speak the truth in these words! So many people lie to get places that they don't deserve, and eventually everyone will see it! May the quicksand swallow these types of people fast and forever!
Great Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Quite a clarfying piece. I haven't been a member here long. I did receive email from a member slandering another member. So, I know this poem to be true. Well worded and bravo!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2008
Last Updated on April 11, 2008

Author

Andrea A. Wentz
Andrea A. Wentz

Phoenix, AZ



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Home Birth.. Home Birth..

A Story by Rain


I Quit I Quit

A Poem by Tania Leigh