Is Segregation Really Dead?

Is Segregation Really Dead?

A Story by abby1228
"

i have worked for school and would like as many critiques to make better> Thanks

"

Abagail Fuselier

 

 

Is Segregation Really Dead?

 

 

Everybody knows about the United State’s civil rights movement. They either remember or have been told about how black citizens of the United States fought for the same rights and equality such as the ones whites had been privileged with. Though racial discrimination might be in the past, is discrimination against religion, sexual orientation, gender, and ones income, now being discriminated against? The answer to that question is no. Most are oblivious to discrimination these days because they would rather live in ignorance than to face reality.              

In today’s day in age there has been big controversy and separation of people because of their religion. Because one doesn’t quiet understand or is prejudice to the fact that one will have a different belief in which they were raised and taught to believe in they are scared of what could come. Most people not only in the United States but in the worldviews attacks such as the September 11 as a view on the whole Muslim religion and now they are being discriminated against. Because of that decision of a few men people blame and view the whole people apart of the Muslim religion as terrorist and treat them as if they have less worth and should all be punished as one. Muslims have been segregated against though it may not be because of their color they are still treated differently because of their beliefs and other people whom have different beliefs.

There has always been segregation against one specific group of society. The homosexual people have always been judged by the law, some say in God’s word, and even in the view of others eyes. Just in the last year that line is starting to disappear on acceptance because of the new law passed by congress stating that any relationship between a male and male or female and female can now be able to married in the court of law. Though it seems the concept of two of the same gender together is starting to be more accepted through the times does not mean that the they still aren’t judged or treated different by whom they choose to love.   

The term boys are better than girls has been a term used by men against women to separate themselves as a better form of human. Men throughout all times have thought themselves to be of a higher power, they think they are stronger, they contain more power, and even more intellectual. Though history has backed the term with every single one of our presidents being male and having the wisest of people being male what they do not recognize is what women have accomplished that males quiet have not yet. Women have been penalized through the years because men see their selves as a higher “specimen” so to say because of there complexes and they do not realize that they are doing the same thing to the females as was done to the blacks.   

One of the most recent types of segregation since the recent downfall in the economy has been in the form of one’s personal income. As everybody is aware people have low incomes and people have high incomes. The people in which are fortunate enough to be paid with high amounts of money are treating the less fortunate people as if they are worthless are of less morals because of the number in their bank account. High classed citizens see themselves as high people and consider the poor as trash and worthless because they may not have the better education or job. Once again one class of people see themselves as better just like men do to women.

Most people think that segregation died out long ago. They are wrong and do not realize that it is still around in everyday life. People are segregated based on religion, sexual orientation, gender, and their annual income. For discrimination to be lessened one must first become aware that segregation still very much exists.

© 2014 abby1228


Author's Note

abby1228
Please advise as much as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014

Author