Being that person

Being that person

A Story by Abby L.
"

I'm sorry….. Sorta….

"

I’m sorry. I’m that person. I’m the hopeless optimist, who puts herself in strange and awkward situations and then has a pity party about it.

I am that person who doesn’t like to cuss and ruins everyone’s fun of being mad (When I’m really angry I say ‘pissed’ a lot).

I am that person who says they’re down-to-earth, but I’m really up here in the sky, writing poetry, making deep thoughts and views on society and other worldly subjects.

I really am sorry. I’m that person who apologizes ALL THE TIME. And it annoys a lot of people who don’t like me. 

I’m that person who can’t tell whether someone likes me or not.

I’m that person who give relationship advice, but most relationships I’ve been through have ended badly.

Honestly, I’m really sorry. I that person who gets angry at matters I probably should not be involved in.

I’m that person who really doesn’t get angry about drama and fights. And that ticks most of my friends off. 

I’m that person who is really self-conscious whether I’m being annoying or not, when in reality, no one cares. 

I'm that person who acts really sassy, but I'm actually quite docile.

....

....

....

I take it back.

....

....

I’m not sorry.

© 2016 Abby L.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Awesome poem! It carries a level of lightness through it as it flows. I felt that keeping it more lighthearted allowed for the reader to get to end and see the last line with a grin and a chuckle.

I like how the poem brings the subject of individuality and how important it is to stay true to oneself.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abby L.

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing and reading!! I have always thought individuality in one person or g.. read more
You is what you is and that's all there is to it. Beautifully said, with openness and honesty. Sometimes these self perspective moments really can tell us an awful lot more about people in what they chose to say about aspects of themselves. You seem to be harsh on yourself for not being what other people expect, when no one really knows what others expect. We are all quirky and unique and that is what makes us human.
Lovely write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abby L.

8 Years Ago

As soon as I read he first sentence I thought of the shirt my sister has that says "I yam what I yam.. read more
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome and like the sound of that t shirt. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2016
Last Updated on February 15, 2016
Tags: life, views, that person

Author

Abby L.
Abby L.

AL



About
Hello! I'm Abby! I write various things, but my main content is poetry. I'm from Alabama, USA. I'm involved in various hobbies, but I have a strong passion for music and most of the arts. I'm not ver.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The End. The End.

A Poem by K. Harding


Doctor House Doctor House

A Story by Woody


Diet Diet

A Poem by Woody