21. The Nightmare.

21. The Nightmare.

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Chrissy is haunted.

"

Chrissy sat bolt upright in bed and looked around the darkened bedroom with wide eyes! She heard Ian stir next to her.


“Mmpf. Huh? What's wrong?” he asked sleepily.


“I thought I heard something!” she answered.


He sat up, too. “You mean like a burglar?!” he whispered.


She hesitated before she replied, “No. It was just a dream. Sorry.”


“Geez, Babe! Your soaked with sweat! Are you okay?!”


“I--I had a bad dream. That's all.” There was an edge to her voice. After several seconds of silence she said, “I'm... uh... gonna take a shower.”


“Oh... um... sure, Babe.” he answered. She heard the puzzlement in his voice. A shower at 2:30 am?!


She climbed out of bed, went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. As she stripped off her bedclothes, she thought about the dream. It had been over a year since she'd had it last. In fact, she hadn't had it since she'd met Ian. She'd hoped beyond hope that maybe he had made it stop haunting her. She was wrong!


She got into the shower and lathered herself up. She scrubbed at her body in an attempt to wash away the sensation of the groping, dirty hands and the stench of beer and tobacco. She flinched slightly when there was a gentle knock at the bathroom door. It opened and she heard Ian's voice.


“Chrissy?” She heard him close the door. “I have to go to the bathroom, but I'll just wait here until you're done. You know... so I don't scald you when I flush.”


“Okay,” she answered. She knew he was lying. Somehow he had sensed that she wanted him nearby. She felt easier knowing that he was there. It was uncanny sometimes how he often seemed to know just what she needed. She stood under the hot water and felt its cleansing rinse over her body.


“Thanks, Ian,” she said, “I appreciate it.”



© 2012 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
A touch of foreshadowing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm curious to see whether the nightmare is a dream or a memory of hers. I like the reality injected into their relationship with things like Ian waiting by the door for her, but under different pretense.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the connection that Chrissy and Ian have now. The nightmare sounds terrible and she seems really stunned. I'm curious to see what it came from and what will become of it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Something dark from Chrissy's past will come back to haunt her. But in the meantime, the next chapt.. read more
I really like this. Its short but it adds another layer of depth to chrissy. I love that Ian came to the door. That seems realistic and very sweet. I cant wait to see whats in store.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This foreshadowing has me nervous, but all the more in love with Ian.. He's like the perfect guy, but at the same time i just can't see him with anyone but chrissy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

This does foreshadow an upcoming dark chapter, but it's still to come. The next chapter will be a l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012
Tags: romance, love


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


18. Forever 18. Forever

A Chapter by Craig2591