4. A Christmas Card.

4. A Christmas Card.

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

To everyone at WritersCafe from Ian, Chrissy and Emily.

"
4.

Emily held the loops of silver garland in her left hand and fed them to Ian with her right as he draped it onto the Christmas tree. Chrissy occasionally looked up from the sofa where she sat reading a novel and watched them work. She wasn't a big fan of the holidays and was more than happy to let her husband and their new foster daughter do the decorating.


“So, Emily, have you written your letter to Santa, yet?” asked Ian.


“I don't believe in Santa Claus,” she responded with a touch of defiance.


“You don't?!”


“No. That's for babies!”


“Well... I do,” Ian replied.


“You do?!” she asked suspiciously. Chrissy looked at him askance over the top of her novel.


“Sure I do,” he answered, “Now, if you were to ask me if I believe in a jolly old fat man that flies around in a sleigh pulled by magic reindeer... I have to admit that sounds pretty far fetched. But I do believe that the spirit of St. Nicholas comes around to us every year at this time and touches our hearts with the spirit of joy and giving.”


They both stared at him with their brows furrowed for several seconds. Then Chrissy smiled warmly and said, “Why Ian, that has to be about the hokiest thing I've ever heard you say.”


Emily giggled. “Yeah, Ian. That's hokey!”


“Fine!” he replied sullenly, “That's the thanks I get for trying to inject a little Christmas magic into the season. You guys can make your own hot-cocoa tonight!”



© 2013 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Happy Holidays!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I dig it. It's short, feels like those little 'snippet' moments you've done in other segments. If you've got a few more of these with Emily included, slap 'em all together!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thanks
Ian is so adorable... that's what my Mum always told me!!! I never really did the Santa thing as much as the spirit of Christmas thing... typical Chrissy to not see it that way haha!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

I hope readers don't think I'm making fun of Ian for his take on Christmas. I feel the same way he .. read more
Good chapter. I felt for Ian. I like his style here. Christmas is a magical time of year but only if you let it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Quite frankly, I agree with Ian, too. He's an old romantic that Chrissy and Emily don't appreciate .. read more
lol cute short scene. Totally like chrissy to sit and read as they decorate. seems she is rubbing off on Emily as well. not a bad thing. good write

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

590 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: Christmas, humor, funny, Santa Claus


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..