The Client

The Client

A Story by Craig2591
"

An attempt to soften a business client's mood backfires in a funny way.

"

Jeremy sat at his desk and looked out sullenly at the rest of the office through the glass wall that set his own office apart. Their company had been hired by a jewelry store chain to design and build the display cases for a new store that they were opening in their city and the woman that they had sent to approve the designs seemed impossible to please. He watched as two of his co-workers sat at a large computer monitor at one of the many desks and tried in vain to satisfy her. She watched over their shoulders and pointed to the monitor with a severe look on her face while giving stern orders.


“They don't look too happy,” said Aaron as he watched from the extra chair in Jeremy's office.


Jeremy gave an exasperated sigh. “I don't blame them,” he replied, “She keeps making them change the design. They've been at it for about three hours, now.”


One of the men stood up and started toward Jeremy's office.


“Looks like Dorian's had enough,” said Jeremy.


Dorian rolled his eyes dramatically as he opened the door and entered. “That woman is impossible!” he exclaimed after he closed the door, “Now she wants Phil to redesign the lighting system for each case! That'll take a couple of hours at least!”


“I think she's on some kind of power trip,” said Aaron, “She enjoys making us all jump through hoops just to try to please her.”


Dorian shook his head in frustration as he looked out at her. “I know what her problem is,” he said, “That woman needs to get laid!


Jeremy and Aaron chuckled.


“I'm serious!” Dorian continued, “Just look at her. When do you suppose was the last time she's had any decent sex?”


They all looked out through the glass wall at her. She was forty-something, with mousey brown hair pulled back into a tight bun with several fly-away strands making a halo around her head. Her hips were slightly large and her legs were short. She wore very little make-up. She was dressed plainly in loose grey slacks, a cream blouse and a brown cardigan sweater. She looked like the stereotype of a harsh librarian.


“Yeah, it's probably been awhile,” chortled Aaron.


“A good romp in the sack would probably do wonders for her mood,” said Dorian.


“I suppose,” smiled Jeremy, “But, there's nothing we can do about that I'm afraid.”


Dorian turned around to face them and shrugged. “Why not?”


“Are you crazy?!” asked Aaron with a laugh, “What're you suggesting? We hire a gigolo?”


“Not at all,” Dorian replied, “You can do it, Aaron.”


“Me?!! Now I know you're crazy!”


Dorian looked at Aaron with a straight face. “I'm dead serious. You're the lady's man around here. You're always bragging about all the women you bed. You've got the looks and the charm. You'd be the perfect choice. Right, Jeremy?”


Jeremy smiled and held his hands up in front of him to signify he didn't want to get involved. “No comment!”


“C'mon, Aaron,” Dorian encouraged, “Put her in a good mood for us. Do it for the guys.”


“What? Am I suppose to take her to a broom closet or something?” Aaron asked incredulously.


“No,” responded Dorian, “Of course not. Invite her out to lunch. Beguile her. Then take her back to your place.”


“You're nuts!”


“C'mon, Aaron. Soften her temper for us. Then she'll approve the design and we can wrap this whole assignment up and go home early.”


“Well...” Aaron replied hesitantly, “I suppose I could take her out to lunch. But I'm not making any promises beyond that!”


“That's the spirit, Aaron,” Dorian smiled broadly, “The guys will be so grateful.”



~ * ~


She gave a contented sigh as she lay back and stared at the ceiling from Aaron's bed.


“Goodness, Aaron, that was phenomenal!” she cooed.


“You weren't so bad yourself,” he answered with a smile as he lay beside her and looked at her with his head propped up on one elbow.


“Well...” she smiled back, “as wonderful as this has been, we really need to get back to your company and get back to work.” She sat up and started reaching for her clothes. “You know,” she said as she slipped her panties on, “I've been thinking about those displays. I'm just not happy with them at all. I think we need to start over from scratch.”


Aaron sat bolt-upright in bed. “What?!! but... but... that'll take hours!


“That's right, so we better get busy.”


“But... but...”


“It's kinda funny,” she said as she hooked her bra, “But I am often accused of being a hard-nosed b***h who's on some kind of a power trip. But really, I just want what's best for my company. If that makes me a little picky... so be it.”


“But... but...”


“And every time I meet with a design group, someone eventually will say, 'That woman needs to get laid!' Then they'll get one of the guys to volunteer to seduce me. And it's almost always the best looking and most skilled one in the office.”


“But... but...”


She turned toward him and smiled. “You'd be amazed at how much great sex I get that way.”


“But... but...”


She slapped his taut stomach playfully. “C'mon! you'd better get dressed. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. If we finish up a little early maybe you can take me to dinner, too.” she added with a smirk and a sly wink.


“But... but...”


Aaron sighed. It was going to be a loooong day.







© 2016 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Suggestions and constructive criticisms are always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome.

Thank you for submitting this into the Twisty Twist Contest.
This is actually a good story, I like short stories. I can read a dozen of these, if they are of this quality.
You weaved a fine tale and you made me laugh.

This could work as a joke, really, if shortend-- But I like it this way.
When it comes to shock value..?

You got me good.
At first I though -- Oh she just wants to have him stick around for more sex.
But it turns out she's quite the cougar and she does it all the time!
Nice job,

Stay tuned.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.



Reviews

Humorous twist in the end!I liked it!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Craig2591

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
Awesome.

Thank you for submitting this into the Twisty Twist Contest.
This is actually a good story, I like short stories. I can read a dozen of these, if they are of this quality.
You weaved a fine tale and you made me laugh.

This could work as a joke, really, if shortend-- But I like it this way.
When it comes to shock value..?

You got me good.
At first I though -- Oh she just wants to have him stick around for more sex.
But it turns out she's quite the cougar and she does it all the time!
Nice job,

Stay tuned.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The stories in that mind of yours! I love your sense of humor. This story was a fun surprise.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Barb.
I love the ending, I can imagine it happening.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.
This was absolutely hilarious! I loved it!. The end really threw me for a loop. Your characters were well rounded, and the conversation between each person kept me reading on. Great job! Thank you for sharing and keep up the excellent work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
I've taken such a long break from writing and therefore this site. I'd forgotten how much I love the way you build your characters. This met the stunningly high standard that I remember your work as having. Brilliant twist at the end.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Kaya.
I enjoyed this story and the twist that you threw in it. Seriously, it was such a clever play! My only complaint on this one is that "But.. but" seems a bit overdone, especially for a grown man, no matter how confused. People tend to be a bit more varied at their babbled confusions!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you and you make a good point.
very funny story. love the twist. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting that ending! And I love how you gave the woman the last laugh, amazing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it. Thank you.
Fantastic story. I love the ending...fantastic humor;
I like the way she turns the tables on the men.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1233 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 9, 2016

Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Phantom Phantom

A Poem by Emily