The Desperation

The Desperation

A Chapter by dicey jones
"

Everyone loves a conspiracy

"
Debby karonwi sat motionless in her leather strapped chair. She was having goose feelings about the calls, wondering how a man who had pratically never had a vistor in the past twenty years suddenly become an intrest to both a freelance scientist and a military personnel...asking what they wanted they answered in the assuring tone of "it's confidential". If there was one thing she had learned, it was the fact that all things confidential breeds with them trouble. Something is wrong, and whatever it was they wanted from him she intends on finding out before they do. She dialed a number into her cell, and waited as it rang.
"Hello" the voice spoke, the bass of it makes one figure it was a man, no it wasn't.
"Beatrice, get prisoner 102 into the prep room"
"Yes, ma" the voice sounded suprised. 
The line went dead.
The tires hit the tarmac, he felt relived. Eight hours was a long time to stay awake and remain occupied with the boredom speech of one man, Sophia had a very uncanny method of never getting tired whenever she gets excited, she babbles on and on for hours. And very excited she was tonight, he wonders if he ever was going to sleep. 
He dropped of the plane carrying his 1959 charles perrin on hs left arm, the only luggage he felt he needed. The ever frantic movements in the Grand Central Airport had made him realize this place was never out of customers. He couldn't see sophia, he was already rendering profanities when the dark lady that had sat behind him on the plane pointed towards the lady at the counter, it was sophia. He thanked her staggered to where she was. 
"So which hotel are we lodging, i really need to get away from here" Zac said staring at her.
"We are booking for a flight" sophia said.
"What!, where? I thought this was Africa, everyone is freaking black!"
"Moron. We are going to Nigeria" 
"Oh s**t, why didn't you just take a plane that's landing straight in the heat of Africa."
"Because there's something we are going to be needing" Sophia said.
"Can't we at least take a rest, what could be so important?"
"That you'll know later. The plane is about to start boarding, lets go"
She stared to the man in front of her, his eyes were pitch black, his canines were protruded like a vampires and had twined his bears to form pony tails. Despite the fact that a twelve inch bullet-roof platinum glass separating them, some would never come even this close to facing him. She never would also, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. 
"Mr Ade" she said quietly
The man didn't look at her, his attention was on the bible he was holding. She wondered how a man like him read the bible.
"Are you a christian?" She asked him tapping on the glass.
"No" he barely looked up
"So why do you have a bible?"
"Because i love reading it" 
She ignored the grin lurking on his face, this wasn't about a treatise of faith. 
"May i ask why all the sudden interest in you"
He laughed, looked her in the eye for somewhat a minute before he spoke.
"I've always been a man of interest, only you never noticed"
She wanted to ask him what he meant, when she heard the code...it was a tap on the door. She left for the door, the uniformed man kept staring at her b***s. 
"What?!" she screamed
"Oh, sorry. They are here Ma."
Zac had asked if the place was an hospital or a prison, the subtle arrangement of the cells, the weird khaki of the attendees making them look like nurses, makes one puzzled. He paced fastly to meet Sophia who was already talking to the woman at the reception. 
"Hi" he said
"Welcome, we've really been expecting you"
The lady said, she watched to see if she had made an impact, she did. Zac couldn't speak, the voice he just heard was anything from a females, what the f**k was this place. Beatrice guided them to the prep room. Sophia seemed less bothered, he was shivering...the man he was seeing from the glass was something...anything apart from the homo sapiens. 
"Welcome" Debby karonwi said offering her hands to the both of them.
"Hi" Sophia said.
He just stared, he wondered what the enigma of this place was, there was the ugly, the beast and now the beauty. 
"Hi" he managed to speak after the elbow on his ribs.
"Don't bother about him, he gets dyslexic with speech" she said jokingly. 
"Follow me" Debby commanded. 
Ade remained calm, he watched the girl siting in front of him, those moments when she had always laughed at his stories...she loved them. Now a mature lady,  she wanted to hear his stories once again. But first he had to hear her story. 
"It's very intriguing" Ade said.
"What does he mean?" Zac whispered in her ears.
"It's a really interesting story, a nice one Sop" he smiled. 
"What do you make of it then?" Sophia asked.
"I think you should drop them down" he bowed his heads. 
"Good bye, for now." Sophia crossed her fingers. 
Her pen dropped, she bent to pick them up. She found them. 
"Is that all?" Debby asked as they both came out of the room. 
"I think i might want to as...." he felt the pain of the leg on his feet.
"Yes that will be all, thanks for your hospitality" Sophia said. 
"Are you going?" Debby asked with an exhibition of petulance
"Yeah, we've got somewhere important to be. Thanks again for your time"
"Welcome at any time"
She dragged Zac out by his hands...


© 2013 dicey jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: sci-fic, Nikola Tesla, fantasy, Aliens, thoughts.


Author

dicey jones
dicey jones

Aboki, Nigeria



About
All i wanna do is simply to just write... more..

Writing
Don't be Don't be

A Poem by dicey jones