be true to yourself

be true to yourself

A Story by Jodash

Some people in life will criticize you for who they think you are, what they think you do, etc. Usually without a clue of the truth to who you really are and what you're all about. These people don't live on facts. I have experienced this first hand in my life. And no, this is not a writers cafe thing I'm referring to. This is about day to day life. Also keep in mind that most people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. The absolute worst thing you can do to yourself in a situation like this is to try and change for such people... falsely believing that they meant you well in the first place. You will only end up losing your own identity...finding yourself in a state of self-hatred. And you would only have yourself to blame because as adults, we are responsible for our own actions. How you can identify such people in you're life is that they always have to point out about you that isn't right. When you work on that so called fault, it doesn't take long before there's something else wrong with you. It never ends until you shed every single being of who you are. And even then the criticism and condemnation doesnt stop. Now don't get me wrong i don't believe in fake politeness. I love straight forward, respectful honesty. And self improvement is a great thing if one is in need of it. But there is a difference between that and someone who just wants to run you down completely. Because to them you portray a personality type that is not to their liking or preference. It was never about helping. That was just the facade. So maximize your third eye always and know how to filter out the good from the toxic information.
Much love

© 2018 Jodash


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading this, and I agree with you. I have always been myself, I don't pretend to be someone different to be liked. Either you like me for who I am or you don't. Nice writing Jodash. 😊

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jodash

5 Years Ago

Thanks dear. I'm glad you can relate. My words don't always reflect the message behind them. But yea.. read more
Jodash

5 Years Ago

Ultimately I believe in doing things for self without outside pressure. It may sound self centered, .. read more
Donna

5 Years Ago

I agree with everything you said, and no you don't sound selfish. You seem like a very caring person.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1078 Views
1 Review
Added on May 8, 2018
Last Updated on May 10, 2018

Author

Jodash
Jodash

Houston , TX



About
more..

Writing
Love Embrace Love Embrace

A Poem by Jodash