N A Y A N A

N A Y A N A

A Story by Aditya Dandale
"

My mind once turned into a typhoon.. was it the same girl who was with me entire yesterday evening...?

"

There are few days when one would expect that thing could have been different. I had already wasted my half of life thinking about what I am capable of doing irrespective of my passions and dreams. It was that day of December and I had visited the city of dreams 'Mumbai' in search of my fate.


It was a hectic day and I figured out to cool in the evening, leaving behind all the puzzles of my life. Wondering around the glossy streets of Mumbai, I found one good restaurant to chill out. Sitting in restaurant occupying table of two or more, I felt like getting to know... talk to somebody...


I casually glanced around. It was a large restaurant but lesser occupied. There were sprinkles of men and women, more gentlemen as I could make out. My eyes collected on the east corner near the reception area. A girl was sitting there alone just as I was here, I guessed.  Could she also be looking for somebody to talk to as I was?


She appeared to be slim built, charming in appearance perhaps around the mid-twenties. She was petite and amazing, I stared long and hard at her, begging her to turn around me. Her thin legs were tucked delicately under the chair and I couldn't stop thinking about the soft skin that was hidden by her flowing blue skirt. 


I was some distance away and her description in my mind might have been a bit early but it was just meaningless supposition, I had nothing else to occupy me at that time.


Soon the waiter came and took my order. For some minutes my attention was diverted. when the waiter left, I saw my watch - the time was 7.50 PM, I looked again towards the direction of the girl. She was not there. With nothing else I could do, I picked up the menu card again and ordered the drink for myself.


"May I sit here?" there was a low melodious voice of a girl.


I raised my eyes.. a bit astonished as the same girl was standing near me, a faint smile on her face, a mild perfumed aroma surrounding her.

She was pretty, fair-complexioned with a tiny nose, large dark eyes, a small shapely mouth colored with natural lipstick. But mostly, I lost myself in her deep dimples and large eyes. And when she curled her hairs from her eyes, she gave me a smooth heart attack.


It took me a few moments to absorb her beauty, In my mind, she appeared fascinating so much so that I felt heartwarming. I was sure that my face didn't reveal my inner thoughts but in reality, I was calm and madly stared at her.

She replied, "May I?"


"Yes", I said.


She sat down seriously and open her purse taking out a visiting card.


"I am Nayana -  Resource Manager at Fortune Productions. I saw you at Divine Arts today morning and heard over your discussion with them, I even scrutinized your drafts and paperbacks. It is really nice."


She handed over her card to me. "Actually, I am searching for the content editor with fresh thoughts and I think, your ideology will be perfectly suitable."


Then opening her leather bag, she said, "If you allow me so I can discuss the outlines with you."


The waiter returned at that time with my order. She stopped. I offered to order for her and she cheerfully accepted.

While we continued with our dinner, she told me about her background. She had been working with that company for 3 years and just came to grab some drinks before rushing towards home. On inquiring about my stay in town, I told her that I was staying at the just nearby hotel.


The dinner was over and she was willing to discuss her content outlines with me so I finished my drink quickly. I suggested that we could go to my room where over a cup of coffee we could discuss further.

In my room, she made herself comfortable on a chair and I relaxed myself on the bed. I called up the room service and ordered coffee.


"Please explain your content details to me," I said crushing my feelings.


She took out her laptop and a folder with a stack of papers and handed over two of papers to me and began.


About an hour of discussion... It was 10.30 PM... she then finished. She was quite convincing about her proposal, In fact, I was more excited to take this opportunity forward.


I said, "can you send me some more details about what we have discussed just now?"


It was getting late in the night and with the feel of concern, I asked, "where do you stay Nayana? It is quite late now.."


My mind was in a fake hope that she could stay more; then we can spend more time together. I was totally attracted to her charming personality and intelligence. It was an overwhelming feeling for me.


She smiled, "I just stay nearby from here; just 20 minutes drive away."


Then she stood up. " Now can I take your leave?"


I got up and shook her hand. It was slim soft, I pull back my hand unwillingly. My eyes were on her! Perhaps, there was something in my expressions and body language that seemed to reveal my inner thoughts to her. Women do have that sixth sense to understand this!


She could have read the signals and left at once but she didn't. She was standing and was looking at me for some moments. Her eyes were soft and dull.. lips were slightly apart as if she wanted to tell me something but not able to...


My thoughts were in chaos; a breathlessness was overcoming me as if I was a school kid about to experience his first love. Hypnotized! I again wanted to take her hand and gently pull her towards me... It was a beautiful dream.! And I did!


Suddenly the whole structure seemed to collapse... It was as If I had just woken up.. Reality was different. With a brief smile; she turned and went out of the room leaving it empty...


I stared at the open door for several minutes and then got up and closed it.


The whole night I had a fidgety sleep!


Next morning, I woke up early and came down to the restaurant for my breakfast. Another hectic day awaited me.

I was still in a mythical dream of Nayana as if the hangover of last night party. I was still sensing that mild perfumed aroma which had surrounded her, I was still lost in her deep dimples, I was still in an affection of her low melodious voice.


I desperately wanted to call her. I insanely pulled out her visiting card from my wallet, I was so frantic that I couldn't realize that I tore my money while doing that. Swiftly I dialed her number, It wasn't connecting... I tried again still It wasn't connecting. With the feel of concern, I called up her office to inquire about her. The call got connected.


"Good Morning! Fortune Productions - How can I help you?" A lady with a professional accent greeted me.


Suddenly my mouth turned dry in some unknown anxiety.


"Can I talk to Ms. Nayana..? I could manage to say.


"Sir, Ms. Nayana is no longer working with us.",  a lady responded.


My mind got tumbled!


On enquiring further I came to know very uncanny fact that Nayana died a month ago.


My mind once turned into a typhoon.. was it the same girl who was with me entire yesterday evening? But how it can be possible if she had already been dead? Who was she.. her soul.. her spirit..? I couldn't believe it!!


My emotional mess was hard to define. The whole day I was in dilemma. The next day I visited her company - Fortune Productions, a very senior officer confirmed me that Nayana did work for them; unfortunately, she has died in road accident in Jaipur.


A year had since passed. I was still trying to find the answers to my never-ending questions. But more questions had come up.


Why did she come to me..? Who was she..?


to be continued.....

 

-Aditya

 

© 2018 Aditya Dandale


Author's Note

Aditya Dandale
please give me your valuable feedbacks and inspire me to write more, to write better. Thank You.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 3, 2018
Last Updated on March 3, 2018
Tags: Paranormal, Fiction, Love & Romance, Mystery

Author

Aditya Dandale
Aditya Dandale

Pune, Maharashtra, India



About
'I write stuff and photograph things' I am 26 years old…Mmmm... I guess, maybe… a novice photographer, an aspiring storyteller, and an emotional reader... more..