Being a writer- a passion, a hobby or a true calling.

Being a writer- a passion, a hobby or a true calling.

A Story by adival
"

How does one start putting his ideas into words?

"

Sometime during March, 2019



I’ve been toying with the idea of “writing” for a couple of years now…

But then I always seem to stop myself at a point (at the very beginning) where I wonder “In what language should I start?”

A simple question with a seemingly obvious answer. Yet writing in my native language never felt natural to me.

It was when I had almost completely given up the idea (busy with my university life and studies) that my hesitations started to make sense to me.

Closing yet another novel I realized that other than my university textbooks I have not read anything in my mother tongue in years.

Ever since I knew enough English to have a general understanding of what am I reading about (around 7th grade I think it was). English novels became my one and only choice of books.

It was mostly a matter of convenience at first. In English, I was able to find almost anything I wished and with the internet being the best friend of every teenager of my generation I quickly became lost in the wonderful land of endless free ebooks.

“A book a day ” somehow became a norm. And before I know it I was devouring a new book every day for years until even my book-loving parents started worrying that my passion is taking too much of my life.

It did not take long for my friends and family to figure out that a preferred sticking my nose in a book over almost everything around me.

It’s not that I didn’t have other hobbies, friends or even boyfriends cause I did but still, I spent almost every conscious moment of my everyday life with my ebook reader in my hand and a backup paper book in my purse.

Its been over 10 years since my passion for books started and has not lessened even slightly ever since. And with my love for the enchanted worlds and ice chilling mysteries the desire to create ones of my own started growing but after a few unsatisfying attempts it was quickly dismissed and yet it somehow always stayed in the back of my mind.

People say that all writers are passionate readers it’s natural yet not all passionate readers are writers right?! 

How does one begin putting what lingers in his mind into words?!

And since the reader in me feels more comfortable in English does it makes sense to feel more natural to put my thoughts into words in English too or shud I still try to do it in my native language?

I would appreciate a piece of advice or some ideas.



© 2019 adival


Author's Note

adival
Please give me a piece of your mind I would highly appreciate it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on March 25, 2019
Last Updated on March 25, 2019
Tags: help, ideas, advice, reader, book-lover, passion, writer, beginner

Author