Chapter - II (The Attic)

Chapter - II (The Attic)

A Chapter by Adrams Demons
"

Attic sealed for years and years in darkness....

"
CHAPTER - II (THE ATTIC)

The Next Morning passed very fast as we both have family breakfast, and went to movies, we totally forgot the incident of the night and tried to bury it in our thoughts, until the night falls, the scene of the house becomes creepier and the surroundings of our grand house covered in great mist due to the cold atmosphere.

 

Branches of the trees in our garden and yard swinging with the wind making scratching sounds, and a dead silence falls beyond the whole area. The dim moon light shining barely through the misty fog.

 

The inside of the house becomes more horrifying as it is outside, since the cold dark clouds covered the sky and cold wind doesn’t let us out of the house, there was darkness everywhere in the house. At this moment nearly 12:00 am, we have turned off all the lights in the house except some lamps in our room.



 

“I’m scared”. Macy said with her body trembling in cold.

 

“Don’t worry, we are safe in the house”, I tried to calm her by covering a blanket around her holding her near in my room.

 

“What if that glow thing comes again ?”, she looked up at me for an answer.



 

“It won’t come again, it was just an illusion we saw from something”, I tried again to make her confident that nothing will happen, where in fact I was making myself confident from the things that could happen in this antique house.

 

The house became more silent and horrifying since my parents have gone to the vacation from this morning, giving us the control of the house, it was easy to accept in the shining day but regretful in the dark night. As time passes we became calm in the warm cuddle of our bodies.

 

To make sure I had already locked all the doors and shut all windows of the house with curtains covering them and then locked my room firmly so nothing can make us feel fear, this house was a century old and we bought it long ago because of its beautiful location and greenery, though every creaking noise from this old mansion makes its worse to calm at night.

 

The dark attic makes it even horrible to live in this house which has been closed for years and years ever since we bought this place but nothing has happened in the past years which could have haunt us to think of leaving this place.

 

Nevertheless, we fell sleep in the warm embrace of our love, together.

 

I woke in the middle of the night with a full bladder and make my way towards the bathroom to relieve myself. I stopped silently only a few steps away from the bathroom. Faint moans floated through the vents in the ceiling and I could have sworn that I heard the dim sound of chains rattling from above. Unfortunately, the attic was above our rooms since we had the second portion of the house to ourselves.

 

I quickly entered the bathroom and splashed cold water onto my face but before stepping up onto the toilet. I placed my ear up towards the ceiling. I stand and make my face closer to the vent when all of the sudden the bathroom light flashed on. I fell from my standing balance and landed hard on my side.


 

“Ow ow ow!!! This hurts”, I said as i barely moved.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Macy said, stifling a laugh as she helped me up.

 

Some good sleep had given her the courage and control over the situation, which was a good sign but nothing was good in the moment for me. It was half past two in the night.

 

“I heard something up there.” I muttered in my mouth, trying not to speak clearly.

Looking up I saw a grin on her brave face as she said ignoring me, “Whatever, I need to piss.”

 

She laughed totally red in shyness and headed back to the bedroom after peeing in front of me, which was quite a show in itself (wink wink), then I emptied my bladder. As I flushed the toilet I could have sworn I heard heavy breathing floating down through the vent.

 

“Oh God!”. I said.

 

I shook my head thinking it as a hallucination, same as the glow and told myself that i need to get back to sleep. I had to work in the morning but i make up my mind to check the attic when i will get the time and get over with the fear that falls upon me.

The next day passed normally as i focused on work. I eventually convinced myself that the noises i had heard were common because of the old house and that creepy noises are what i didn’t knew the answer to yet. But at least we didn’t got haunted with the glow thing as we didn’t got out of our house last night.  

After coming from my work, I found Macy working in the kitchen.

 

“You always make so good things for me”, I said looking at her smiling and we both did lunch together.

 

After resting and having time out in the sunny atmosphere of our garden, we feel relaxed and i run my eyes through the outer view of the house which was still giving the old creepy look as always even in the sunny afternoon. As my eyes turned towards the attic, i couldn't able to see anything from the tiny black window that is the only window of that place.

I thought to make improvements to the house but I couldn’t do it before consulting my parents who was still owner of this place. However, i remembered that i had promised myself that i would check out the attic. Forget the noises i had heard earlier, curiosity got the better of me.

Unfortunately the ceiling trap door leading to the attic had been sealed since the beginning and no one ever noticed it. I fetched a stepladder, a screwdriver, and attempted to pry the door open from whatever is inside. The trap door refused to give in and won’t even budge, I slammed my palm against the ceiling in frustration. At that moment I heard definite movement above my head as well as the soft rattle of metal against metal. The movement continued for a few moments and then stopped.

My heart beat skipped three to four steps as i was almost about to fall off the ladder. The sound which i made with my palm was loud enough to reach Macy as she came near.

 

“What are you trying to do?” She said curiously.

 

“I am trying to get the attic open, I think something is up which we don’t know about”. I replied normally as i beat my fist against the ceiling to try to hear another reaction, but none came.

She shrugged lightly saying "It can  be a mouse or something", and went off downstairs in the Painting Room to draw her latest project, the only thing i knew about it was it's name “Inktober”.

That room was specifically given to her for her paintings, drawings, projects, digital art, portraits and stuff, hanging along the walls showing her beautiful creations of art and stacks of pages and paints and countless brushes, along with digital drawing slates, a PC and 65” small LED Tv just for her passion towards art, but unfortunately no one was allowed in that room except her, (Macy Rules). 

Coming back to my senses on the current situation i figured that there must be a raccoon or some other animal like cat stuck in the attic, but most cats we knew were always around the house or near my wife in the kitchen. I decided to head over to the hardware store to pick up a crowbar so that I could get the animal out before it dies and create smell in the house.

As I pulled back my car into the driveway after coming back. I headed into the house, crowbar in hand, excited to prove that there is something living in the attic. I couldn’t able to find Macy on the first floor so I headed upstairs. As I come up near the top of the staircase I noticed that the attic trapdoor was open.

To Be Continued ~ Ch. II 



© 2017 Adrams Demons


Author's Note

Adrams Demons
Don't go in the attic at night ....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on October 19, 2017
Last Updated on October 19, 2017
Tags: Horror, Thriller, Romance, Fantasy


Author

Adrams Demons
Adrams Demons

England , United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Just wanting to live life face to face and will succeed in my destiny my love and my purpose, all my stories or just a story will be based on it But that's not it my story will be on love, gore, r.. more..

Writing