May 10th 3:20:19

May 10th 3:20:19

A Poem by Aekmy

 You’re skipping through life, seldom smelling the roses. I beckon you on your knees to live rather than to make a living. Breathe in gorgeous scents of lavender and freedom of a quiet day in the house where only the cat sings her song of beauty, independence and the tea pot whistles a tune of solitude in the crisp air holding the strength of ropes.

 

Breathe in and out, breathe in and out, and breathe in and out. Please just live for me, don’t make your life hard. I will perform those acts you have committed to memory. Love should be easy, though, in this world we have made it hard and now all you fret about is currency this and currency that. When will this world realize how we are treating our generations?

© 2009 Aekmy


Author's Note

Aekmy
This really is a Mother's Day poem. It may not seem like it, but I can seek the message within.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really didn't get the message at first read but eventually I did when I paid more attention to your words. It's a very sweet poem. Although it's a mother's day poem I think even fathers can relate to it. I like your subtle way of expressing your appreciation for the all the mothers. Great Job.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Nice message
Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful, again. I love your message and passion behind the words, and sense a real air of peacefulness in your writing, which I really enjoy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i love it
u were so creative in the way u let the words flow
also the message u gave is a great one

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved it! Especially loved the flow--it read very nicely. I actually read it once, and then when I saw your note, I read it again, and I think I found some of the Mother's Day meaning...(maybe.)

Maybe, (but this is just me) you might consider making the message within a tiny bit more obvious, so that we as readers can find the meaning on our own without you having to tell us in an author's note. Just a suggestion. But anyway I loved it. I'm going to put this in my library. great job! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really didn't get the message at first read but eventually I did when I paid more attention to your words. It's a very sweet poem. Although it's a mother's day poem I think even fathers can relate to it. I like your subtle way of expressing your appreciation for the all the mothers. Great Job.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is byfar my favorite piece of writing of yours that I have read thus far. I do see the subtle symbolism of Mother's Day in its simplicity.
"When will this world realize how we are treating our generations?"
My favorite line, it seems to sum everything up nicely. I completely agree.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 10, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2009

Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..