After And Before The Storm

After And Before The Storm

A by Aekmy

 Showers always do me in. The cold water running, sprinting over every cell in my body makes me crave more. And I always feel beautiful in the Controlled Rain Cell.

Realizing beauty has blessed and visited you is the first and second step to becoming beauty.

That feeling,

That princess, ballerina feelings is

like a first kiss (Not that I’ve had on of those before)

Silk skin is a dream I have very often. If only cats and dogs understood the pain I feel. Running, running from myself, from my skin.

If a kiss was a letter the post office would be full and closed. Okay skinny.

               

Retrieving from the CRC - Controlled Rain Cell - is the hard part. Without God’s water traveling over me, I come back to reality and is faced with the impossible task of

Looking into my reflection.

Skinny isn’t an adjective in my box. Imperfect pretty, but not beautiful on gorgeous.

The CRC beckons me to fll its empty presence.

Please. Not this. Oh how can I resist?

“Just walk Aaron, just run away to gorgeous fields where the birds love to play.”

Crashing, crashing, down. Now.

Run past –

         - originality, my only escape ... GONE.

Give in to

                        It all.

Tears cannot hide my fears for these eyes show no lies.

 

        And this document tells you of a life inside of me.

That starving girl with, not a broken heart, but none at all; that broken, too smart, never to be thin, girl.

Taking Over.

© 2009 Aekmy


Author's Note

Aekmy
This actually scares me. The truth behind this poem is just screaming from my fingers, which rattle on this keyboard, that shake from this poems truth and reality.
That hall is my mind.These voices inside my head never cease to exist
And he won�t quit his nagging and bragging about his nagging and bragging.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a powerful piece, really good writing. I liked how you portrayed the shower as something so formal yet so powerful. The water runs away the troubles from skin yet also washes away a sense of originality, a need for 'silk skin'; a really clever double meaning. I also really liked how you switch it up a bit, theres a really innocence to the first part, what with the princess and first kiss, but then reading on you realise that, woa, this is something a whole lot more serious. This seems like it must have been a difficult write for you, and it reads with real emotion, a really strong piece.

Steve.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A powerful piece. You really show how commercialism sets the being thin agenda and yet how you get trapped into that mentality.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Even before i read the author's comment I got the jist of it.

The constant barrage for girls to be thin, one that consumes your mind.
You right you should be scared its wrong that people believe girls should be thin and usually if they want thin girls they do not want them for anything apart from sex.

A very real poem.

A really good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2009
Last Updated on May 29, 2009

Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..