Globophia

Globophia

A Story by Aekmy
"

Vampire Ben, a murderer and protector, shields the Globophobic, or people with the fear of balloons. Can a loved one stop his wrongs?

"

What Happened? I’ll tell you.

Because Ben doesn’t like balloons, he kills people who invite kids to an event with balloons. In a way, he sticks up for the Globophobia children, but in his heroic actions he is in fact a murderer. In my dream, I ran up to the doors of Scales Elementary where I found several half decapitated teenagers. Horrified, I ran inside to find more than several unlucky children. Seth came to mind. Was he dead too? Had the mystery vampire gotten to him? The town still didn’t know who was committing these murders, but the kids knew. Every child in Murfreesboro was aware that if you invited a Globophobic child to your party and it had balloons Ben would kill you. There were only a few people who believed us kids. We knew we were right. We just had to convince people of the same information we had.

 

Balloons and torn streamers decorated the dead school hallways. The image chilled my spine. Screaming floated from the glass windows of the cafeteria. I ran to the doors and pulled them open. Little did I know, walking in was a bad idea. Alyssa Perez lay on the floor, neck half way gone, bleeding on the floor. Vampire Ben was in the far corner, out of ear range, so I thought.

“Why aren’t you dead yet?” she asked.

“I’ve never done it.”

“Yes, you have,” she whispered, her eyes wide with anxiety.

“No.” I shushed her.

Ben’s head jerked back; he had heard her words.

My converses squeaked against the linoleum floor as I bolted off through the doors. I knew I wouldn’t be able to run away, but it was better than surrendering. I would not let him take me.

I heard his bare feet padding quickly against the floor. I turned sharply and so did he, but quicker. The lights above our heads flickered. I needed them, but his feline eyes did not.

The school is not big. There were not many hallways for me to hide in so I did not hide.

“Ben?” I backed up as he walked toward me.

He growled at my presence.

“Wait…” I squinted at his face. I had seen that dark, curly hair, the dark eyes and the acne. Stepping forward was a bad idea. “Seth?”

He launched himself towards me with the force of a lion. I fell on my back, cracking my head against the wall, knowing I was going to die.

Every child was always murdered; no one was left behind.

 

As his teeth cut into my flesh, I held a scream. He chuckled lightly as my teeth grinded together. No one would know I died like this until I was dead. I would not go down so shamelessly.

“Seth,” I breathed, blood flowing through my teeth. I knew I wouldn’t last much longer. “You know who I am. We were in love. We dated. You held my hand, called my honey. Does any of that matter?” the words flowed relentlessly. They felt so cheesy and corny, but at death’s door I had to do something.

 

When he didn’t answer, I knew I had to pray to God. He could only save me now. During my life, I had thought of a moment like this. Maybe a non-Christian was soon to be murdered and in his last minutes he prayed to God, confessed every sin, and begged for eternal life.

Would God grant him passage or say no because he confessed in fear?

 

I was scared again, these thoughts running through my head. Surely this wouldn’t happen to me. I had been a Christian since I was five. It just couldn’t happen to me.

 

The lights on the ceiling blended together, creating soft pinks and blues. Death could not be this peaceful.

“Seth,” I uttered, “I still love you.” I watched him look down at me. Those gorgeous brown eyes filled with a cent of love they had weeks before. My hand caressed his cheek. I felt the stubble of a two day shave. He knew he could not save me; the damage had been done. Tears streaked his tanned cheeks. I wondered if he would return the gesture.

“Don’t you love me back?” I asked.

He paused for a long time before saying, “I can’t.” His voice was husky, the sound you’d think a werewolf would have.

My face became confused. “Love is for everyone.”

He didn’t answer. He continued to feast on my body, taking more than needed, eating more than usual. Maybe I tasted better than most. How fortunate of me. 

© 2009 Aekmy


Author's Note

Aekmy
This was based off of a dream I had. I understand that if a person was to have their neck chewed out they would die quickly. Please disregard those types of errors. It was a dream. Any other type of critique is welcomed. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BjH
I can not believe that no one has reviewed this yet.
Someone with better things to say than me must say something good.
I enjoyed this.
Thank you
Benjamin

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2009
Last Updated on September 3, 2009

Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy