Broken

Broken

A Poem by vox luctus
"

The linking between love, hate, regret, pain and just holding on.

"

I fell in love the first time I encountered this. I knew that I wanted this specifically to stay in my life until my time on Earth was over. But, this is what you call a lie, it stayed in my life for less than a year and never made an encounter with me again. Shattered, the love still claws at me trying to hold on with all it has left and that is the toughest thing to do when you can’t touch what it is. Only can you watch from afar. I will not mislead anyone, occasionally you can feel from this, you can touch it… but only briefly. It does not satisfy completely what you are craving, but it is enough. It’s enough because you love it and love never goes away, no matter how hard you want love to disappear because love is painful and the pain of love stays longer than any other pain. The pain of love is eternal.

Do you think? Do you think that you could get back what you’ve lost? When you're the one who made it disappear in the first place? Do you think that whatever it is that you lost would reappear or come back as if nothing has happened at all? Don’t be a fool, you aren’t worth whatever it is… Even so, some fools are the smartest. You get two choices:  Wait around to wither away or wait around and blossom once again from the help of what you lost. They say what broke you can’t fix you, but when you’re longing for what broke you. Of course you will go back to it. Yes, replace it with something else. No, it will never be the same. You can’t fix what is broken, but you can make something from what is broken. You will forget the broken and grow from it, making something even more beautiful than what it once was.

You can only try to keep me from fixing the broken pieces in my life. I will be able to make the broken: beautiful, desired, tranquil, divine and so many other words of positive composition. The lust for wanting whatever was broken. The lust for wanting what you have broken. The lust for what has broken you. The word fix implodes in your brain. You want to love what was and still is broken. You want to fix what you made go away. You want to have that painful, resilient, well-formed, everlasting kind of love… The real question out of this is, are you able to change and get what you want back. What you crave, what you love, what you have broken, what has broken you.

Love is painful, Things or people can break, you can fix what is broken. As long as you have the drive to want it more than anything.

© 2017 vox luctus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on October 3, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017
Tags: love, pain, hope, hate, regret, depression, belonging, relationships, life

Author