Something isn't right.

Something isn't right.

A Poem by Chris Agathos Black

Something just isn't right about me.

Some days I feel like a demigod with a soul overflowing with blessings. Some days I feel like I'm just a walking curse, vexing everyone I meet with disgust towards me. You would think those two moods would go hand-in-hand and even me out, but I can only wish that was the case. The melding of these two attitudes together at once is enough to bring the average mortal to their breaking point. It happens to me on a daily basis, but I seem to manage pretty well. 
I have, more or less, convinced myself a long time ago that I stand out from a lot of people in a quite notable way. But who gives a s**t, right? I came to a grim realization that no matter how "friendly" or "close" you are with someone, they secretly hate you and want you gone as soon as their tired of you. I'm always the one who's left behind...who's made to feel miniscule...the sad little pity party that only has people on his side because they feel sorry for him. This has happened to me so many times that I think that it's a cycle that I don't know how to break. 

All of this has made me develop a deeprooted distrust and (somewhat) hatred towards humans. That hatred causes the frequent swings between hopelessness and god complexity. Either way, it helps me chase away the wrong humans. Some days I like to think humans can be good deep down. Some days I feel like they're all on a mission to erase me from the big picture. 

Something just isn't right with me.

© 2017 Chris Agathos Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 2, 2017

Author

Chris Agathos Black
Chris Agathos Black

Detroit, MI



About
I write songs, poetry, and whatever's on my mind. I guess that's​ it more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5