Phoenix Rises

Phoenix Rises

A Poem by Amanda
"

This was written using the Repeating Quisset invented by Michael.

"

Flames climb brightly in moonlight,

 

To circle,

gleaming,

like starlight;

 

to reveal Phoenix’s mystical climb,

 

From ashes,

empowering,

renewing time;

 

new life ascends as starlight,

 

To rise,

pristine,

in moonlight;

 

   wings spreading brilliance embracing time,

 

To rejoice,

transcendent,

spiriting climb.

 

© 2008 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
This was an interesting undertaking for someone who writes freeform and doesn't use usual structure patterns. I enjoys doing it once i figured how it works....

Thank you Michael for all your help :) ...AT

The Repeating Quisset, invented- copyrighted by Michael
consists of sixteen lines with a 2-1 rhyme.
Written with 8 stanzas, in a 1-3 pattern.
The syllable formula is:
7 // 2-2-3 // 10 // 3-3-4 // 7 // 2-2-3 // 10 // 3-3-4.
With a specific line pattern as follows:
The last words in the 1st, 5th, 9th and 13th line must be A//B//A//B.
Repeating the same rhythm as the last words in the 1st, 5th, 9th,and 13th line,
the 4th, 8th, 12th and 16th line must be A//B//A//B.
The 1st and 4th line must be A//A. The 5th and 8th line must be B//B.
The 9th and 12th line must be A//A.
The 13th and 16th line must be B//B.
With 12 counts, the last word in the 1st line must be the same last word as in the 12th line.
Repeating 12 counts, the last word in the 5th line must match the last word in the 16th line.
Being five counts between the 1st and 5th line, the last word in the 4th line and the 9th line must be the same.
Repeating 5 counts, the last word in the 8th line must be the same as the last word in the 13th line.
With a specific syllable count as follows:
1-1-2-1-2
1-1
2
1-2
1-2-3-3-1
1-2
3
3-1
1-1-2-1-2
1-1
2
1-2
1-2-3-3-1
1-2
3
3-1

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Strong imagery and a style is exciting and challenging......... An excellent job!!!
I love the content and its message is excellent and choice of words is superb!!!!!!
This is defiantly a more complex form of writing..kudos to you for having the courage to explore teh differnt styles and expand your writing!!! Thanks for the request!!!!!!!!!


Blessed Be!
Lasla

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well it seems as if micheal is inspiring quite a few of us poets. As someone who used this format a few times a know it isn't so easy to follow such a strict format. It really brings out your creativity, and I loved phoenixes. You express them with poetic passon here. A job well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


HONESTLY YOU WROTE THIS WONDERFULLY. THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH ME.KEEP WRITTING YOU GOT YOUR POINT A CROSSED VERY WELL.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow! I see what you were saying very strong piece, thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


THIS ONE WAS AWESOME TOO! YOU ARE A GREAT POET!

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a clever, clever piece of writing, Amanda... congratulations, you've worked so hard at this and ended with such a fine poem! . The theme, the actual words, is powerful, lovely... but ,what I admire most is the way you've worked at and resulted in a traditional but very difficult form .

' to reveal Phoenix's mystical climb, / From ashes, ./ empowering, / renewing time; '

Thank you for sharing your increasing skill and artistry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with others that have commented, great writing here. A phoenix rising from the ashes to be born again, lovely. ~Ev

Posted 15 Years Ago


VERY STRONG IMAGERY! I LOVE IT!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautifully penned. I personally love the even flow and rhythm of the overall piece. I definitely couldn't do it, hate constraints of any sort. But you did a wonderful job here. Excellent work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


very impressive piece.... you can tell you have put alot into this piece and it shows ... nice job.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you did prefectly. I keep my structures simple. I really like your imagery. Good structure really doesn't matter unless you have a good poem and you have both. Reminds me a bit of Poe as far as the complexity goes. You must have put a lot of time in it and that means you have passion for it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 26, 2008
Last Updated on September 28, 2008

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet