Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Emily Rose
"

I think I'll just put up the prologue and if anyone reads it and would like to see the rest I'll post a few chapters. Reviews would be great!

"

 

She lay crumpled unceremoniously against the moist stones, soaking in the darkness. Her frail form trembled unconsciously, her back spasming from time to time with unaccustomed pain. The sordid white gown that she so often wore on her little excursions to Calassi smelt heavily of blood and clung relentlessly to her lacerated back. The two silver wings curving from her delicate form seemed almost out of place in the gloom, though their gentle glow eased the darkness a little. The attempts that had been made to sever the fairy woman’s wings from her shoulders had obviously not been successful, but the healing process would be long and slow and stall her captors long enough to think of a new way to keep her incarcerated.

She half closed her eyes and listened to the dripping of water running through the crevices of the dungeon wall. She couldn’t blame them for what they had done to her. She knew what she had done was unorthodox. She had never meant for her moral lesson to stretch this far.

But they were afraid. And rightly so, she reasoned, because she had been the cause of the tension and now that they had her imprisoned, there was no reason to release her. She was their advantage, she knew, and she suspected she was the only one that they had. But she had seen glimpses of a far distant future, a future that loomed closer to humans and the fairies alike, and the very memory of it made her shudder. She refused to submit to hopelessness, but from the snippets of the outside world her greatly impaired magic allowed her to view, hope was not a prominent aspect. But the glimmer of a chance remained, and she hung on to it with all her might. “Ellyra…” she breathed, almost inaudibly, before succumbing to peaceful painlessness of deep sleep. Ellyra…

 



© 2008 Emily Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Some stories grab you from the start and some just don't. I was worried about this when i saw the length of it but i really shouldn't have been. There's something about your writing style I find easy to get on with and i think this is a fantastic openner with just enough detail to get you interested and just enough left out to KEEP you interested.

Fantastic work, i will read on...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow that definitly got me interested, i have to read the rest later, im in class but its definitly awsome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It takes talent to grip someone in just three paragraphs. I try it with my writing all the time and it never works out. You have done an amazing job with this and I just can't wait to continue. Normally I would tell you to extend this prologue but it's good just how it is. I really enjoyed reading this and I can't wait to find out what happens to this poor fairy.
Pepper...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Some stories grab you from the start and some just don't. I was worried about this when i saw the length of it but i really shouldn't have been. There's something about your writing style I find easy to get on with and i think this is a fantastic openner with just enough detail to get you interested and just enough left out to KEEP you interested.

Fantastic work, i will read on...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great prologue. Short, but with so many unanswered question that it's impossible to not read more. Or, well, not impossible, but you know. I think it began a bit roughly, language-wise, but other than that, it's a really good hook, and very well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like this, i wish to read the novel itself. I'm quite intrigued, are you maybe planning to post it on here for people to read?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 14, 2008
Last Updated on July 22, 2008


Author

Emily Rose
Emily Rose

Mansfield, PA



About
Hey everyone! I'm back for the summer, so hopefully I'll be able to get back into my normal reviewing habits! I'm going to try to return reviews to people who review my work, and you can always se.. more..

Writing
Madness Madness

A Poem by Emily Rose


Fireworks Fireworks

A Poem by Emily Rose