I Love You Too..by Michael

I Love You Too..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Twelve year old Rachel got a birthday gift from her parents which totally unexpected. She thought maybe a new toy, or doll, or clothes. Instead it was her very first pet. A beautiful baby green parakeet with a blue beak which meant it was a male. Mom uncovered the cage that hung in the kitchen as the young girl cried in delight at this special birthday surprise. It came with a booklet on how to take care of and treat your new pet. After hugging both of her parents they all sat down together and reviewed the booklet. Rachel fed and gave fresh water every morning to her new pet which she named Randy. Eventually the bird would hop off of his swing and sat on her finger as she held it in the cage. A habit soon that would follow each morning before going to school.  A bond grew between them as Rachel often talked to her new friend. She always spoke to the bird and said "I love you too", before placing him back into the cage on his perch where he slept for the night. After a month, Randy repeated what she had always told him before. His voice was almost human like, and she smiled with tears in her eyes as Rachel kissed him goodnight. One morning some years later, the natural life span of this kind of bird was up. Randy was found on the bottom of the cage. She cried and kissed her dear friend goodbye, as mom and dad buried the beloved pet in their backyard garden. One year later to the exact day of the passing of Randy, Rachel awoke to the sound of fluttering wings in her bedroom while she slept. A pressure was felt on her shoulder as she heard an almost human voice whisper in her ear, "I love you too"......Maybe a special visit from a special pet occurred that morning. Rachel smiled and knew that Randy was at peace and happy as always. In an emotional reply, she said out loud "I love you too"........
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a touching write this is! I could picture the joy the little girl felt when her parents surprised her with the parakeet and could almost hear the bird answering her "I love you too." Yes, sadly, pets do die, but it seems the little girl had a visit from the spirit of the parakeet. Sweet and lovely. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lydia, what a beautiful compliment! My emotions can usually be felt in what I writ.. read more



Reviews

I own a parakeet so I can relate. This was wonderful, sir...:)................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sami. We are all connected in life's experiences.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

So true. You are welcome...:).......
Although it was a little bit short, and I felt there was a lack of events, it was enjoyable.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Enjoyable is good, thanks.
What a touching write this is! I could picture the joy the little girl felt when her parents surprised her with the parakeet and could almost hear the bird answering her "I love you too." Yes, sadly, pets do die, but it seems the little girl had a visit from the spirit of the parakeet. Sweet and lovely. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Lydia, what a beautiful compliment! My emotions can usually be felt in what I writ.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2014
Last Updated on June 16, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing