Just Waiting To Be Served..by Michael

Just Waiting To Be Served..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Amanda sat in the diner for lunch one Saturday afternoon. She was waiting to be served as the order was placed about fifteen minutes ago. A long time to sit there for a simple grilled cheese and French fries. Finally after twenty minutes her lunch was served. The food was excellent but the service needed improvement. She had to borrow a bottle of ketchup from the guy sitting in front of her, as her table didn't have any there. He noticed the same meal was what he had also and that was what led them to start talking to each other. There an attraction there and both exchanged phone numbers. A lunch date was arranged for the following Saturday afternoon. It certainly wasn't to be at that diner, but instead at her apartment. He sat in her kitchen waiting to be served. Their favorite lunch was ready in ten minutes as the bottle of ketchup was already there. Amanda and Anthony laughed out loud as she pointed to that bottle and smiled. Lunch dates became dinner dates, along with movies, outdoor picnics, bowling, etc..etc. He surprised her one Christmas Eve as a little black box was hanging from the tree along with the other ornaments. The engagement ring was accepted as the couple hugged and kissed in this joyous celebration. One year later a waiter walked over to the wedding table with two plates for the bride and groom. A simple grilled cheese and French fries was served, ketchup included.....Maybe a Saturday afternoon has a reason for two strangers to be there at the same time. The same lunch and a most needed bottle of ketchup played a role in them getting together. A short love story about Amanda and Anthony just waiting to be served.....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love how the one meal came about to them meeting each other but I feel the lunch date at her apartment the following saturday isnt so realistic. Not trying to offend your writing just my review :) But I do love the ending about them getting served that same order!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I guess she was anxious in having him over very soon. Glad you you liked this short story and thank .. read more



Reviews

admired the fun of this little gem. For Amanda and Anthony bad services can lead to love and happiness for the rest of their lives. God bless them they need it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

They sure did and the time to meet was just right.
I love how the one meal came about to them meeting each other but I feel the lunch date at her apartment the following saturday isnt so realistic. Not trying to offend your writing just my review :) But I do love the ending about them getting served that same order!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I guess she was anxious in having him over very soon. Glad you you liked this short story and thank .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing