Under The Umbrella..by Michael

Under The Umbrella..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

One morning Teresa was running late for work. She didn't have time to check the local weather forecast as usual. Something that would play a part in a most fateful reason as we shall soon find out. Teresa barely made it to the bus stop just five minutes before it would arrive. The early morning sky suddenly became filled with dark clouds. She cursed under her breath as a sudden downpour was inevitable. Thoughts of her arriving at work looking like soaked dish rag made her frown. One last late member of that walk to the bus stop now stood behind her, last on the line. However he checked the forecast just before leaving and smartly brought his umbrella. A sudden heavy rain came down and without hesitation he covered the lady in front of him. The bus arrived as she thanked the stranger for keeping her dry. That led them to sit together on the forty minute ride into the city to get to work. They happened to work only a block away from each other as both got off the same stop. It turned out to be a nice day after all. She stood behind him on the line waiting for the bus to take them back home. A ritual that would follow as the two started dating. Tommy proposed to her as Teresa was soon to be a June bride. On the way to their honeymoon, the sky darkened as it looked like a sudden downpour was inevitable. He forgot to check the weather forecast, yet She remembered to do just that. Before entering the hotel, without hesitation she covered the man next to her...Maybe romantic trails start at a bus stop and end up on a honeymoon. Case in point in a short love story about Teresa and Tommy, under the umbrella...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on July 3, 2014
Last Updated on July 3, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing