The Good Humor Man..by Michael

The Good Humor Man..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Regina moved back to the old neighborhood she once grew up in. What's even more amazing is that happened to be on the same exact block, the same exact house she lived in with her parents. It brought back fond memories of her childhood. The now forty year old reflected on some of her favorite thoughts. She woke up on the first Saturday morning of her being there. Regina went about her business until something happened at 3 PM that afternoon. The sound of a familiar bell ringing outside was what made her look out the front door. It was something she hadn't seen in thirty years. The good humor man. His white truck looked just like she remembered it to be. Regina thought about how her parents gave her fifteen cents to buy her favorite vanilla ice cream pop. The white truck stood there as a line started to form from the children now living there. She joined as feeling just like one of them again. Robert stood behind her on line and said, "my treat this weekend". A former boyfriend from when she was thirteen years old. Twelve year Regina turned around and thanked him. "I'm glad I moved back here once again", said the thirteen year old Robert. "Me too", replied the twelve year old Regina. This time they never moved out of that old neighborhood. A second chance was given to them as this time around they eventually grew up on that same block and got married. The good humor man appropriately was the best man at their wedding. Maybe a move to an old location by two people has them go back to the way things used to be. Case in point in a short love story about Regina and Robert where time is of the essence, along with the good humor man...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like my old neighborhood. Very nostalgic.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 9, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing