Donna's Doll..by Michael

Donna's Doll..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Donna saved a favorite childhood playmate as she was growing up. It was her favorite doll. She moved out of her parents home at twenty one years old and got her first apartment. Donna's doll was packed and taken with her. She moved quite a bit from place to place but always remembered to bring the doll with her. Her final move at the age of forty was to be her very first home, as enough money had been saved throughout the years of working a high paying job. She unpacked everything but couldn't find her favorite doll. Somehow it got lost and Donna didn't know how or where. She cried over losing her favorite childhood best friend. The following day her doorbell rang. Her new next door neighbor introduced himself as Danny. "I saw you moving in and noticed one small box was left behind near the curb where you had parked your car. I believe this belongs to you", he said. She opened it right then and there, then cried with tears of joy. Donna hugged her new neighbor, then explained to him how important it was to her. Danny was invited in for dinner that evening in gratitude for finding her lost doll. They hit it off and a connection was established. Two years later she made a heartfelt touching speech to the guests at their wedding, as the audience got up and cheered when they saw Donna's doll...Maybe a lost inanimate object in the form of a favorite childhood friend comes to life and brings two people together. Case in point in a short love story about two new next door neighbors, and Donna's doll...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing