With Three Ice Cubes..by Michael

With Three Ice Cubes..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Theresa went to her favorite local bar after work on Friday. The bartender smiled as he already knew what she wanted. A bloody Mary with three ice cubes. A new and first time customer walked into the bar shortly afterwards. He had just got a new job at an office building only two blocks away. The perfect distance to walk on a Friday evening after work. Tommy sat on an empty stool next to Theresa as the bartender approached him. "I'll have a bloody Mary with three ice cubes please". He placed the drink on the counter as him and Theresa looked quite surprised at the exact same drink. That was when she introduced herself to him. He then noticed her bloody Mary with three ice cubes and said "wow, what are the odds of this happening"? They clicked glasses in a toast and said their cheers to each other. During their chatting with one another, Theresa was surprised to find out that his new job happened to be in the same office building as hers. This led to their first official lunch date Monday afternoon. The following Friday evenings were spent together as the bartender smiled and already knew what was to be served. Two bloody Mary's with three ice cubes. The three of them became good friends. Two years later the bartender was the best man at their wedding. He knew what was about to be served...Maybe Friday nights and local bars have a way of bringing two people together who worked in the same office building. A bloody Mary with three ice cubes that made them notice each other. Such is the way that life serves up more than just two of the same exact drinks...Case in point in a short love story about Theresa and Tommy, where love is sometimes found on two stools stirring a drink with three ice cubes...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
Added on July 12, 2014
Last Updated on July 12, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing