Where The Little Things Counted..by Michael

Where The Little Things Counted..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Steven just became president of the company he worked for, now in his fifteenth year. He was finally going to get to hire his own secretary. The interviews began and he liked the very first applicant. Her name was Serena and would be starting to work for him that upcoming Monday. She did those little things not required for the job, such as fixing his coffee in the morning and ordering lunch for him. They say not to mix business with pleasure, yet Steven ignored that rule as he asked Serena if she would join him for dinner after work. It was accepted and that Friday evening they got to know each other on a social level. The following year at the company Christmas party, he made a special announcement to everybody there. They got up out of their seats and applauded and cheered the good news. Steven and Serena were to  be married next June. It was a huge wedding as their were a lot of employees invited along with his close friends and relatives. Serena got a huge pay raise that year as she did more than just being a secretary...Maybe a promotion to president had its rewards for Steven. A new secretary which eventually led to a new first time wife...Case in point in a short love story about the boss and his secretary, where the little things counted...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on August 2, 2014
Last Updated on August 2, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing