Roberta And Rodney..by Michael

Roberta And Rodney..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Roberta bought a baby rabbit as her first new pet. She got the cage that was needed along with food and a booklet of instructions on how to take care of your new pet. It was placed on the outdoor terrace of her twentieth floor of the apartment complex she lived in. The baby rabbit was named Rodney as it was a male. She often bring the rabbit inside and let him hop around and get used to the new surroundings. For the first time after one month, Roberta woke up to find Rodney cuddled up with her in bed. A sign of attachment and love by a pet for it's owner. She looked forward to that as it became more frequent. The hopping up onto to her bed made her know it was that time as she smiled herself to sleep. During the cold winter months, a warm blanket covered the cage outside on the terrace. Then when evening came she brought him inside. Rodney would tap his leg on Roberta's head when she overslept and that woke her up so she could feed him breakfast. Some years passed by and she went out on the terrace as usual in the evening to bring him inside. Rodney was laying on his back and completely still. Roberta picked him up and cried as she hugged her beloved pet He was buried in the garden below as she said her prayers for him. One year later Roberta was woken up by a hopping up onto her bed and along with a tap on her head. She fixed his breakfast as usual and so it was also eaten...Maybe they leave us for a short time, yet eventually return to let us know that our love still continues...Case in point in a short love story about Roberta and Rodney, where humans and pets are always connected...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on August 6, 2014
Last Updated on August 6, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing