The Inheritance..by Michael

The Inheritance..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Doreen inherited the house where she used to live with her parents. It was time to get out of the small basement apartment and go back to familiar surroundings. It's been over thirty years since she had been there. Her former bedroom was turned into a guest room as she now slept in her parents bedroom. A new neighbor welcomed her to the neighborhood as they crossed paths while walking their dogs. He introduced himself as Danny who just lived only three houses away. She also told him her name as they then looked at each other with a curious familiar feeling. It may have been over thirty years ago, but the names and faces of each other rang a bell. She invited him in for lunch and he accepted. The two of them talked about their past and after a brief conversation, it was discovered that they were once a former boyfriend and girlfriend some thirty plus years before. Two smiles lit up the kitchen table that Saturday afternoon. It was quite amazing that he also inherited his parents house and that he was he happy to get out of his small basement apartment about the same as she did. Doreen and Danny continued where they had left off. This time they remained on a street where it all started. The wedding took place at a former church they used to attend together...Maybe an about face turns us around on the path of life, only to be continued where it had left off...Case in point in a short love story about Doreen and Danny, due to the inheritance...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on August 7, 2014
Last Updated on August 7, 2014
Tags: short story, romance, fantasy, fiction

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing