Reserved..by Michael

Reserved..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Henry had to transfer from the express train to the local one in order to get to work. Three stops later he would arrive at his place of employment. One Friday morning he was on the express. The lady sitting next to him looked worried and nervous at the same time. He asked if she was alright. Harriet replied, It's a job interview I'm going for and yes, I'm worried how the outcome will turn out". "Calm down and be yourself", he replied. She nodded yes and it seemed to work as she looked more relaxed in a few minutes. After the weekend was over, he rode the express as usual that Monday morning. Then he changed for his usual local train. Henry was very surprised to that same lady get on his subway car one stop away from his final destination. She recognized him also from only three days before. A big beaming smile was on her face as she told him that she was hired and would start work today. Incredibly it was in the same office building that he had worked in. They got to know each other better at a lunch table in the company cafeteria. That Friday he took her out for dinner and drinks to celebrate her being hired. Three years later there were quite a few guests from work at their wedding...Maybe timing has us on an express leading to a local. Case in point in a short story about Henry and Harriet, where two seats are reserved for the future...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on August 21, 2014
Last Updated on August 21, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing