Lunch Time..by Michael

Lunch Time..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Janice was running a little late on her two week stay at a summer resort. She wanted to make it in time for the lunch menu as her stomach was growling in hunger. Two alternating red flashing lights blinked at a railroad crossing just ahead. Janice speeded up, thinking she could cross in time before the oncoming train did. Her car stalled directly over the tracks as she frantically kept turning the ignition key. The last thing she remembered was the blaring sound of the trains horn and its screeching metal wheels as it tried to stop in time. That was when she blacked out from sheer panic. Janice awoke in a nearby emergency room hospital about two mails away. A stranger was sitting beside her bed and said to her, My name is Jerry and I pulled you out of the car just before the train struck it". She cried first, then after gathering her thoughts, Janice thanked him for saving her life. It turned out as he was right behind her and also going to that exact same summer resort. The trip was continued, only it was in his car as they sat together. So maybe they were two days late, yet both had made it in time for the lunch menu. An almost two week stay was spent by both together. They became inseparable and continued to see each other after their summer vacation was over. The limousine ran out of gas ten minutes before they were supposed to arrive at their wedding reception. Luckily however they hitched a ride and made it just in time for the lunch menu...Maybe a railroad crossing and a stranger had a hand in the fate of how they were going to meet. Case in point in a short love story about Janice and Jerry, where the lunch menu was waiting...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on August 23, 2014
Last Updated on August 23, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing