"In The Still Of The Night"..by Michael

"In The Still Of The Night"..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Maria just loved slow dances together. It connected the two people with holding and feelings felt without speaking. A silent spoken word from the heart. A new dance club opened in her neighborhood and its been way too long since she has been to one. A good twenty years at least. The name of this new club was "Oldies But Goodies". It attracted a large group of people who follow this kind of music. Forty year old Maria attended the grand opening as many other people about her age did also. With a half hour before the club would close, her all time favorite oldie slow song was played. It was "In The Still Of The Night", by The Five Satins from the mid 50's. A man about her same age approached and asked for this dance. They recognized each other as former high school sweethearts that had lost touch over the years. Holdings and feelings were felt once again, as there was as silent word from the heart. A memory rekindled when it was needed the most by both. A live oldies band was hired at their wedding reception one year later. Martin held his wife very close to him as they slow danced to In The Still Of The Night...Maybe a new club invites us to attend some fond memories. For Maria and Martin it certainly worked out. Case in point in a short love story, where a silent word from the heart leads us on romantic trails into "In The Still Of The Night"...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 1, 2014
Last Updated on September 1, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing