Two Candles Are Lit..by Michael

Two Candles Are Lit..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

There was a citywide blackout during the summer of 1967. Florence located her flashlight as she searched for a few candles to light up on her front porch. Luckily there was a full moon out that evening which helped everybody to see somewhat better outdoors. Neighbors flocked outside lighting candles and listening to battery operated radios on news updates when the power might be restored. Another six to eight hours was their prediction. Her new neighbor next door had no candles on his front porch as he sat in the dark. She went back inside for some spare candles and then walked over to where he was sitting. Frankie introduced himself and thanked her for this kind gesture as she was she invited to join him. A few clouds passed over the bright moon that July summer evening. Only porches were lit up by candles and flashlights. The blackout lasted for a long seven hours as finally power was restored. Frankie asked Florence if she was hungry as dinner time was missed by all just seven  ago. Her eyes lit up and she said, "you got a deal". It just so happened that her favorite dinner was the same as his. He prepared it as fifteen minutes later they sat down together in his living room with two snack trays set up. They watched a movie together and ate and talked all at the same time. The following July summer a bride and groom sat down at their wedding table. The lights were dimmed by the master of ceremonies as Florence and Frankie lit two candles...Maybe romantic trails starts during a blackout on a front porch of a new next door neighbor. Then it follows to the finishing line of a wedding table, where lights are dimmed and two candles are lit....
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting write. I spot some very minor grammar mistakes (trust me. I'm probably a lot worse with that), but other than that it seems quite alright.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Grammer mistakes due to the six pack of beer while writing. Glad you liked it though.
Kevin Manson

9 Years Ago

That is the best response ever XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2014
Last Updated on September 12, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing