Over Blue Balloons..by Michael

Over Blue Balloons..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Gail was invited to a birthday from a boy who lived on the same block as her. He had seen her before but she had never seen him, even though they only lived four houses apart. Both were grammar school students attending eighth grade. Gary would be fourteen next Saturday as that was when the party was planned. She accepted the invitation that was sent to her house and looked forward to seeing this new boy who lived on her block. Gary watched each and every guest enters his parents home until he spotted Gail. That was when he introduced himself. The party was held in the basement as his parents served hot dogs, pizza, soda, and of course the birthday cake. The walls were decorated with different colored balloons which added a nice atmosphere to the party. Gail and Gary got along just fine as just before she left, He kissed her on the cheek. Gail kissed him back and that was how they became boyfriend and girlfriend. They dated through high school, but lost touch with each other when going to college in different states. One year after graduating college, Gail went to her first nightclub. It was back in the city she grew up in to visit once again. There was something in her pocketbook that was saved for many years. This would be a determining factor in her future. A young man introduced himself as they both looked familiar to each other from way back when. He reached into his pocket as she opened her pocketbook and both took out a blue balloon. That confirmed what was saved as a memento of their first meeting. Something special decorated the walls of their rented wedding hall one year later. It was blue balloons...Maybe romantic trails starts at a birthday party in grammar school. A favorite color is picked out and taken off the wall. It ends up at their wedding, where love sometimes happens and continues over blue balloons...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on September 18, 2014
Last Updated on September 18, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing