Fortune Cookie..by Michael

Fortune Cookie..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Jimmy tried numerous dating web sites but none of them worked out for him. He decided to give up and possibly be alone at the age of forty five. It was at a Chinese restaurant where life took a turn for the better. The only seat left at the already crowded place was at his table. She sat down across from him and said "I'm sure lucky to get this last seat, my name is Joyce". "I'm sure lucky to have this unexpected company", he replied. They both smiled at each other as the beginning of their meal was served. Two bowls of Wonton soup was ordered by both to finish off their dinner and lively conversation. Each of them had a fortune cookie to go with it. "Read yours first, then I'll read mine", he said to her. Joyce cracked it open and pulled out the tiny slip of paper. "Some tables are meant to be shared" it read as they both looked at each other and agreed. Jimmy cracked open his fortune cookie and it said the exact same thing! It seemed the two of the them were destined to meet for the same purpose. After one year of dating their love for each other grew into a proposal of marriage. Chinese food was served along with other dishes, but the married couple preferred you know what. Two bowls of Wonton soup topped off their wedding table dinner. They cracked open two fortune cookies which read, "Some tables are meant to be shared"...Maybe dating sites didn't work for either one of them. It doesn't really matter as a final seat was available in the same restaurant. Case in point in a short love story about Jimmy and Joyce, where romantic trails follow us with an important message from a fortune cookie...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it. You have conveyed your message beautifully. Would love to read more from your side :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for enjoying this. I sense you also have a romantic soul :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
1 Review
Added on September 26, 2014
Last Updated on September 26, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing