"Happy Acres"..by Michael

"Happy Acres"..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Jerry checked into an old age home at the age of ninety three. "Happy Acres" was the name of the place. He laughed out loud at such a contrived name for a place where we were going to spend our last days here on earth. Jerry adjusted to his new surroundings after about a week or so. He really had no choice, yet accepted his new and final living conditions. The shy and quiet man by nature finally met someone else there to talk to. It was Joyce who introduced herself to him while watching T V in the lounge area. They were the only ones there at the time and shut it off to instead have conversation with each other. She was also ninety three and that fact alone created some questions in their minds. Deep into the chat, it was discovered that they both attended the same high school. Flashbacks of memories from so long ago flashed across their old yet alert minds. Something was confirmed when he noticed a familiar object on her finger. It was a high school ring he had given her as they were then boyfriend and girlfriend. Jerry and Joyce felt like teens once again as they hugged and kissed in the empty lounge all by themselves. The following day the attendants noticed that two patients were missing. They were never found, yet all is not lost. You see, Jerry and Joyce somehow traveled back in time when the bell rang and class was over. He slipped his ring on her finger once again. This time another chance was given to them as they eventually got married. Strange, but maybe for a special reason, it happened to be "Happy Acres High School"....Maybe love is rekindled at ninety three years old. An old age home, a school ring, and an institution with the same name give a couple their second chance at love...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL
That's a wonderful story about love, time, and the flame that rekindled within. I would encourage you to take this story in book form, it's a wonderful story. Great job!--Levi (100/100)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying this. It will be included in my next book of short stories.
LL

9 Years Ago

Your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 30, 2014
Last Updated on September 30, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing